Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Whats been goin' on?






I feel like I am in some time-warp universe where days go by like seconds! I cant believe its been 2 weeks (AGAIN) since I've updated. Here's whats been goin' on over at my house:

1. Nursery- Dan diligently put together the 2 cribs, changing table and dresser and our nursery is well underway. I have actually been purchasing most of the nursery decor pieces on my own because BRU is discontinuing it (of course) so I dont want to miss out. The only piece that I really want but dont have is the rug but its on my "to buy" list. Im not overly concerned about the mobiles or the matching garbage can so if I dont get those, no biggie. Here are some nursery pics:

Dan with Crib #1


All furniture set up (the other crib is directly to the left)




2. Child birth classes- Yep, we started them and it is well, interesting. I really like learning the relaxation techniques and have a feeling that I will focus alot on those as my pregnancy progresses and I move towards delivery, whether its vaginal or c-section. The interesting part came when the instructor discussed various things that occur during childbirth. Now I havent been through childbirth but I have read enough books and heard enough stories to get an pretty good picture of what goes on. Dan on the other hand? Not so much. He looked at me about 5 times and said "Did YOU know that happens" I just laughed but I think it was eye opening for him.


3. Baby Movement- I have no lack of movement from my babies, they are all over the place. The funniest thing is that the boy likes to shift positions alot so I can literally see my stomach change shape and oftentimes, its lopsided. Its such a strange sensation to feel them roll around but its also amazing!



4. Belly and weight- I am up 16 lbs at 23 weeks and my doctor was happy with that. I sometimes feel like I can watch my belly grow bigger day by day. Here is my latest belly picture, actually taken at 24 weeks, which is today.

OMG, Im getting so big! Its funny because my legs, arms and booty are all the same size but then it looks like I swallowed a huge watermelon. I know I need to get used to the belly because, lets be honest, its not going to get smaller anytime soon!

Finally, today is 24 weeks, which is Viability Day. Its the first time that the babies have a chance (statistically) of surviving outside of the womb. Although I hope they stay put for a long, long time, it is a milestone and Im all about recognizing any milestone I hit. So happy V-Day babies! Mama Loves You! :)

Hope everyone is having a good week!

19 comments:

Z said...

Aw!! Happy V-Day Shan and twinkies. :) That is such a great day.

I love the cribs and I love that Dan is learning what may happen with birth. I can only imagine the looks on his face! :D

Love you Shannie

Lindsay said...

OMG! Its getting so big!! You look great. Happy V-day to you!

Danse said...

Happy V day - you look fabulous! So cute!!!

Rachel H. said...

You are looking so great! Everything is coming right along!! :)

A said...

good to hear from you!! I've thinking of you! You look so perfectly pregnant as always!!

Shanny said...

Wow you look awesome! Glad you guys are having some progress with the nursery!

Jessica said...

You look so cute. The nursery is coming along...I can't wait to see the finished product.

jbwife said...

You just look so cute!! I stayed lopsided pretty much the whole time after 20 weeks. The belly always leaned to the right. I'm just so excited for you to experience all things twin :)

Kelly and Natalie said...

Yay for V-Day! You look so great! Gotta love the lopsided and ever changing belly. Enjoy it!

Carly said...

i love your furniture and i LOVE your belly shot- and v-day is huge! YAY little bunnies :)

mtendere said...

You look great! You're really on the ball, too. I just got my nursery furniture and I'm 34 weeks! I really enjoyed the prenatal classes, even though I knew a lot of the information and it helped DH and I discuss lots of things around birth and child care.

Keep enjoying those wiggly babies!

Shannon said...

Shannon you look beautiful. I got tears in my eyes when you said "mama loves you" Shannon your going to be a mom!! Thats so amazing and such a wonderful blessing from God.

Megan said...

Happy V day and awesome to see your belly growing so much. I know what you mean about being amazed at its size. But its only going to get bigger from here on out...and faster too!
Awesome they move so much for you and you get to see it. Also too funny about Dan's amazement at childbirth.

Mrs.F said...

Haha my Hubby was like that too! Happy v-day!!

Mary said...

You look great!!!!

gringa78 said...

Love, love, love your belly!!! You look beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elisa said...

what a gorgeous baby belly you have! and those hats are precious - can't wait to see your twinkies wearing them!

Kate said...

Cute belly pic! You look fantastic.

Leannabanna said...

Oh, Shannon, you look so good, and the nursery is coming along nicely! Love the two cribs next to eachother!