Wednesday, October 21, 2009

30 weeks

30 weeks, seriously? The time is flying by. I cant believe it!

I had a growth ultrasound and doctor's appt. Everything went good, here are the highlights:

1. Both babies are head down, woohoo! I know that can still change but this is a pretty big feat for Joshua, who has yet to be head down on any ultrasound. Hopefully he stays put!

2. They are growing right on schedule. Emma is 2lbs 14 oz and is in the 27th percentile and Josh is 3lbs 5 oz and in the 57th percentile. The doctor was happy that they are both maintaining or moving up in their percentiles and although Josh is bigger, the variance in their weight is still appropriate.

3. My blood pressure, cervical length, weight gain are all good. My OB would like to see me gain a little more weight over the next month (Im up 24 lbs total so only 2 lbs from 3 weeks ago) but isnt overly concerned since the babies are doing good. She did encourage me to splurge on some fattier foods like cubed cheese and milkshakes so Im definitely going to take her suggestion on those! Oh, and I am measuring 39 weeks, 39!!! I still have alot more belly to grow though if I plan to get these babies to 38 weeks.


So thats about it! I have my baby shower on Saturday and am so very excited to see everyone and share our excitement with them. I promise to post pictures after its done!

Hope everyone is having a good week




As you wander through this troubled world
In search of all things beautiful
You can close your eyes when you're miles away
And hear my voice like a serenade

18 comments:

Brittney said...

Wow! I can't believe you're 30 weeks already either!! Time really does fly. So wonderful to hear all the updates - sounds like your babies are doing fabulously:)

Jess said...

Sounds like everything is going really well and I'm so glad!!! Drink a few milkshakes for me:)

Eris1995 said...

Happy 30 weeks!!

Danse said...

Excellent news! And don't worry about how you're measuring. At 28 weeks I was measuring 38 weeks, but then reverted back to measuring about 6-8 weeks ahead (rather than 10) the rest of the pregnancy.

And if you like pumpkin flavored things - I'd highly recommend ben and jerry's pumpkin ice cream or the DQ pumpkin blizzard ;oP

Leannabanna said...

Yay, for 30 weeks. Time is flying! Exciting that they are head down!

Lindsay said...

30? Already?!?! How does that happen so fast :-)

gringa78 said...

Have a blast at your shower!!!!

*Mandy* said...

Your little ones are doing great, how exciting!! Have a blast at your shower!!

Blessed said...

it is going by so fast great toh ear all is wonderful and i love that song!

Megan said...

I can't believe how time is flying for you! Also so happy to hear that the little ones are growing like they should be. I agree with the dr. You should go after the more "enjoyable" things like milkshakes. Keep up the awesome people growing and can't wait to see those shower photos!

Ava and the Trips said...

That is so great you are already 30 weeks! Sounds like everything is going good! Keep up the good work!

Rachel H. said...

Yay for 30 weeks!! Sounds like everything is going great! :)

Mrs.F said...

Wow 39 weeks?! Belly pic please! I'm glad they are both head down... are you going to try & deliver the twins vaginally? Hope you have a great shower!

♥ HisLovf ♥ said...

Go Twinkies! I hope you have fun at your shower.

p.s. must see a new belly pic, stat!

A said...

I'm so happy to hear everything is just perfect!!!

Carly said...

time is flying! i can't wait to see new belly pics and I just know your shower will be amazing

Shanny said...

Sounds wonderful!!!
And Enjoy your shower =)

flojat said...

Where's my belly pic?! LOL

Congrats on good news on the babies. I can't believe you're 30 weeks already!