Wednesday, November 25, 2009

35 weeks and being thankful

How far along? 35 weeks
Total weight gain: 33 lbs
Stretch Marks? Not yet but my tummy is really red. And it hurts.
Maternity clothes? Yes. Or Dan's t-shirts which are starting to get too tight on me
Sleep: Still sleeping good but its pretty hard to get in and out of bed
Best moment this week: Every day I make it is a good day. Im so greatful for the chance to grow them a little bigger and a little stronger each day.
Movement: Yes but its slowing down a little. I think they are running out of room.
Labor Signs: 3cm dilated, 70% effaced. I might be getting some mild contractions, feels like cramps.
Belly Button in or out? Its not in or out, its just flat, like it blends into my belly.
What I miss: Not having every part of my body ache when I walk. Or sit. Or stand.
Weekly Wisdom: As much as you want to get a million things done before your babies come, spend some time just RELAXING. I am really trying to do this because something tells me this might be the last relaxation (and dare I say sleep) I get for awhile.
Milestones: 35 weeks! And completing my giant to-do list. Aside from making some more freezer meals, I got everything done!


My 35 week picture. I look exhausted but its a good picture of the size of my belly


In honor of Thanksgiving tomorrow, I want to say what I am thankful for:
1. The opportunity to be a mother to the most amazing babies, Emma and Joshua
2. A husband who supports me and accepts me just as I am
3. A family who loves me like crazy
4. Friends (and loyal blog readers) who have been there through my ups and downs and have never given up on me
5. A roof over my head, a sweet minivan and a job thats not half bad


My life has changed in amazing ways over the past year and I am forever thankful! I hope everyone has a wonderful time with family and friends over the holiday weekend.

15 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm thankful for YOU Shannie!

You look gorgeous in your photo and you're going to be a stunning momma.

Shanny said...

Aww this was a lovely post, I'm also thankful for you my dear =)

How did you manage to only grow the bump and stay put everywhere else? You look great! Enjoy your thanksgiving!!!!

Kelly and Natalie said...

You are so cute; your belly and your post! :) Keep growing lil ones!

Amy said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Your belly is just too adorable!

Amy said...

you still look great, shannon! i'm so excited for you to become a mommy! happy thanksgiving to you!

Silvina said...

Happy Thanksgiving Shannon! You look so cute with your belly. I hope you have a nice day tomorrow.

Jess said...

Looking great. I am just shocked that you are 35 weeks pregnant. Where does the time go? You'll be holding those babies so soon. What a blessing! I am thankful to have 'met' you:) Have a great thanksgiving, Shannon!

Alicea (mnbride1013) said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Shannon! You look awesome, BTW!

Lindsay said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

*Bee* said...

You look so beautiful!! What a gorgeous double-baby-holding belly!!

Kristin (kekis) said...

You look wonderful!

Carly said...

you look so beautiful- you glow with happiness

gringa78 said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!! I can't believe the big day is almost here!! I just can't wait to see them!!

Rachel H. said...

You look so good!! They will be here REALLY soon! :)

Megan said...

LOVE the belly photo (as usual, its so perfectly round and adorable! You glow!)
Those are contrax, but you knew that already. LOVE the ornaments for E&J! Those are so cute! praying you make it to both of your goals, keep those babies in there as best you can and enjoy those final weeks being pg. You won't miss the "I feel huge" feeling, but you will miss feeling them move. **HUGS** I can't believe how close you are!