Monday, November 23, 2009

Progress and End of an Era

I had my 34 week OB appointment on Friday so that she could go over the ultrasound results and then do my NST, check blood pressure, etc. Everything looked good- blood pressure is in a good range, no protein my urine, babies are moving (like crazy, might I add) After all that, I had my first internal and found out that I am 3cm dilated and 70% effaced. I was kinda suprised but I do know that women can be dilated for a long time before they go into labor. My OB did advise me, however, that since I am progressing and pregnant with twins (that are most likely approaching 10 lbs together) that its likely I will continue to progress.

I still want to make it until 38 weeks but right now, my new goal is 36 weeks, which is 9 days away. Its also a full moon, so maybe that will be it?! :)

Also, this weekend represented the End of an Era. When I graduated college, I bought a brand new Jetta and this weekend, we traded it in towards the 2010 Honday Odyssey that we purchased. Dont get me wrong, I actually lvoe the Odyssey, its a great car and I think its going to be good for us as a family, but it made me a bit nostaligic to get rid of the first (well and the only) car I bought on my own. Dan has been driving it for the past 5 years since I have a company car, but I guess I always thought of it as my car.

Here is a picture from when I bought the car in 2001- my friend Amy and I got the same car.
And here is a picture right before we went to trade it in

Pictures of the Odyssey and my growing belly will be coming soon. I swear, my belly grows by the day. All of a sudden, none of my t-shirts (which I was previously squeezing into) fit. Gotta love growing babies!

Have a good week!

12 comments:

LuLu said...

OMG look at your adorable belly!! You are all belly hun, I love it.
And 9 days?!! This is just so exciting!

Jessica said...

I can't believe you are going to meet the twins soon...that is so exciting!! You look great..all belly!!

Scullyhoyy said...

You look adorable!
& Congrats on the mini van:)

Alicea (mnbride1013) said...

You look so cute and congrats on the minivan!

Blessed said...

YOu'll have to share about th Odyessy we're looking for a family car too!

Rachel H. said...

You look great and that's so exciting that they might be here really, really soon! :)

♥ HisLovf ♥ said...

Eeek! 9 days!? I can't wait to meet the twinkies!

I hope you enjoy your new car!

Nichole said...

Wow I can't believe the twins are going to be here so soon! You look so cute!

Kristen said...

I was very sad when I traded in my first car too! Good luck over the next 9 or so days! I'm so excited for you!

Lindsay said...

Congrats on the mini van! very exciting stuff! GL!!

Kristin (kekis) said...

You're a MINIVAN MOM!!! :) Try to rest and relax while you can. Can't wait to meet the little ones.

Sarah said...

My friend has that van and LOVES it. If you have to have a van, the Honda rocks!