Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Date

I had my 37 week appointment on Friday and everything still looks good. We talked about our next step and after much discussion, Joshua and Emma have a birth date. I will be induced on Thursday, December 17th. I am really excited!

My OB still does not think I will make it to that date since I am a "full" 4cm dilated and now 100% effaced but knowing my babies, Im sure I will make it to the 17th. One of them (most likely Emma, taking after her mama, lol) is pretty stubborn and not ready to come out.

So the babies will be born at 38w1d. I am thrilled to have kept them in for so long and am even more excited to meet them.

Dan and I have been spending our last weekend together as "just us" As excited as we are to become parents, there is that awareness that it will never, ever be the two of us ever again. Its an odd feeling to leave one part of your life behind and start a new chapter. I cant wait to see what this new chapter brings.

I will probably blog every day leading up to the induction, just so I can remember everything I want to remember.

Hope everyone has a great day!

I see a light in the sky
Oh, it's almost blinding me
I can't believe I've been touched by an angel with love
Let the rain come down and wash away my tears
Let it fill my soul and drown my fears
Let it shatter the walls for a new, new sun
A new day has...come

18 comments:

Danse said...

How exciting!! Keep up the good work and spend as much time as you can relaxing :o)

Amy said...

How exciting! I will be praying that everything goes well for you.

Kelly and Natalie said...

How exciting! I know I write this everytime, but I am thrilled that your lil ones are being born full-term and that they are still growing as "inside" babies. Makes my heart melt for you! I will be watching for updates!

Blessed said...

Yeah! That is super exciting!!! Merry early Christmas to you :)

Kristen said...

I'm so happy for you! Enjoy these last few days!

Jessica said...

I am so excited for you!! I can't wait to see the babies on the 17th!

Kristi said...

I keep on checking in to see if they have arrived yet! How exciting to have a date! May the Lord bless you through it all. I can't wait to hear your news.

Megan said...

Wishing all the best for the safest and easiest possible delivery. I'm so amazed at how well everything has gone for you, but with that amazement comes admiration. Enjoy every moment you can and I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your last peaceful moments! Life is about to change big time! Good luck!

Silvina said...

I can't wait to here of their arrival and see pictures of them. The 17th sounds like a great day. The induction should be easy. Mine was pretty good. Enjoy your last days.

Jessica said...

So exciting! Enjoy your last few days as a family of two! I can't wait to see pictures of these two kids!

flojat said...

I love that they have a birthday! They are gonna be so stinkin' cute. I can't wait to see pics!

mtendere said...

Enjoy your weekend with your husband. We took the weekend before my c-section to do all the things we love to do as a couple. It was really special and I'm so glad we took the time and made the effort, even though the weather was bad and I wasn't feeling great.

Mrs.F said...

So exciting! You must be going crazy knowing that they will be here no matter what this week!

lovealways6565 said...

holy cow shannon. it seems like yesterday when i heard of your BFP! :o) Crazy how 9 months goes by! I am sure that they will do great! Keep me updated! Good luck and GREAT wishes!

LOVEDBYD said...

So exciting, my thoughts and prayers will be with you. Looking forward to seeing your little ones!!

Amy said...

shannon, i am so incredibly excited for you. i can't wait for you to experience the feeling that no one person has ever been able to describe before. you deserve it so much. get ready to meet the loves of your life!

parentinginprogress said...

Have been consistently lurking and not commenting for... let's just say it's been a while ;) But I can't contain myself any longer.

SO INCREDIBLY EXCITED FOR YOU SHANNON! I cannot believe they are almost here. You are going to be an awesome Mom and have such a wonderful time with your new babies. Cannot wait to see their pictures and hear the stories!

Hugs,
Mae/Toph