Thursday, December 24, 2009

My Life, One week later

This week has been a whirlwind! I cant belive how much my life has changed since last Thursday, its amazing.


We came home from the hospital on Sunday. I was actually released on Saturday, which is the standard 2 days after vaginal delivery, but they kept us in our room one more day with E&J so that they could continue to monitor them. I was actually glad to stay that extra day because I got alot of help with breastfeeding from several consultants.


I am breastfeeding both Emma and Joshua but have had to modify with Joshua because he was losing weight. Oh and he is a super lazy eater. So we did introduce a bottle to him, although I do begin with breastfeeding him each time and he does take to it. But the bottle is helping him get the nutrients he needs so he doesnt get any smaller.


Both babies had a bit of jaundice but by Tuesday, their numbers were in decline so they didnt have to put them under a light or a blanket. We went for a weigh-in at the pediatrician today and E&J are each up 3 oz from Tuesday so we are hoping to get them back at their birth weight in the next week. (Emma is currently at 5lbs 14 oz and Joshua is at 5lbs 6oz

Here is a newer picture of Emma:





And one of Joshua:






And both of them- on the day they came home:








I wont lie. Im exhausted and at times overwhelmed at all the things we need to do to take care of two newborns. But when I look at them, I realize they are the answer to a dream that I have had in my heart for so long. And it makes it all worth it.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. May God Bless you as much as I have been blessed.

18 comments:

Elisa said...

Shan, I am beyond words happy for you and your new little family. E&J are the luckiest two babies on the planet. And they're pretty stinkin' cute! LOVE YOU!

Amy said...

Shannon, they are beautiful! Even though I know you are exhausted, you can just tell through your words how beyond happy you are. Hope you guys have a Merry, Peaceful Christmas!

Lindsey said...

I cannot tell you how much I love those pictures, they are adorable.
Don't feel bad if you need to cry b/c you are so overwhelmed-we all do it :)
I love you babe and am so happy for you guys!

Kelly and Natalie said...

They are absolutely beautiful! I am so happy for you and Dan. What a wonderful end to a long journey, and what a great Christmas present! Merry Christmas, Shannon. I could cry with how happy I am for you!

Anonymous said...

They are absolutely beautiful! Joshua looks like such a little boy!! Some babies look all the same but he is all man!!! And Emma is gorgeous too. Such a little princess. This must be the happiest Christmas ever for you! What gifts! Good luck and congrats!

Jessica said...

They are truly gorgeous babies! What an amazing Christmas gift for you guys. Happy Holidays!

BabyBurns said...

Congrats on bringing two healthy and heavenly babies home! Can't wait to see them grow :) Merry Christmas!

Amy said...

Oh they are so precious! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your new family!

jbwife said...

Your babies are precious! It is overwhelming but in the best way possible. God has blessed you & Dan with two beautiful babies but he has also blessed those babies with wonderful parents. I hope you have a fantastic Christmas & as restful as possible :) Love & Hugs

Alicea (mnbride1013) said...

They are beautiful. Those first few weeks, even months, are exhausting. Don't be afraid to ask for help from family and friends and take it when it's offered up as well. Kyle will be 5 months on the 1st and I still have my days when I can't even think straight from being so tired. It's so worth it, though. Merry Christmas, Shannon!!

Danielle said...

Congrats and God Bless! They are wonderful and it sounds like you are doing a phenomenal job!!!!

Shannon said...

Oh Shannon they are beautiful!!! Love the new pictures you posted. Im so happy for you!!

Danse said...

They're gorgeous! The first few night home were really hard for us, but it gets a lot better. If you want to chat, feel free to email :o)

Happy Holidays!

Tara said...

Hey, i'm so glad to see pictures. i know the first weeks are completely overwhelming. Ask her help and take naps during the day. it's exhausting but you quickly forget all that. Parker is 18 mths. and sometimes we have a hard time remembering those first few months. it will get easier.Call me when you are up to it. I can'twait to see you, joshua and emma.

Jessica said...

They are beautiful. I love the picture with them and the bear...so CUTE!!!

Jessica said...

They are beautiful. I love the picture with them and the bear...so CUTE!!!

Jess said...

THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the pictures and I'm glad all is well. The exhaustion will lift and you will get into a great routine with these babies. I know that caring for two must be non-stop, but my how wonderful your journey with them will be. CONGRATS again!

Carpe_diem-Dunia said...

Naw so beautiful