Friday, December 11, 2009

Still here- 37+ weeks

Baby Watch 2009 is underway but as of yet, no signs of E&J.

When I found out it was twins, I always thought they would come early but in all honesty, there are many women who carry twins to 38 and 39 weeks so really, its not a big surprise that they arent here yet. Im still patiently waiting for them but if I do make it to 39 weeks, I will be signing a different tune Im sure!

I had my 37 week u/s yesterday. Both babies are still head down, fluid and movement levels were perfect and they are both measuring around 5lbs 14 oz. The tech did say it was hard to get measurements on them because both of their heads are so low but if anything, they would be bigger than that estimate, not smaller. Im happy with that, I feel like those are good size babies.

Today is also my last day of work, which feels kinda weird. Work is such a huge part of my life that its going to be weird to not be here while Im on maternity leave. Im sure I will get used to it pretty quickly though!

37 week Belly Picture



How far along? 37 weeks, 2 days

Total weight gain: 35 lbs

Stretch Marks? None

Maternity clothes? Yes, but I have outgrown most of them. I refuse to buy anymore though and am just making due with what I have

Sleep: This is horrible. I cant get comfortable because my back hurts if I lay on one side, my ribs hurt if I lay on the other and my groin hurts the entire time so I can barely roll over or get up- which I have to do often because I always need to pee. But only a trickle of pee. I am so.over.trying.to.sleep!

Best moment this week: Every day I make it is a good day. Im so greatful for the chance to grow them a little bigger and a little stronger each day.

Movement: Yes and its actually kind of painful. If Emma moves, she is so low and that hurts. And then Joshua must have the strongest legs in the world because he still kicks the heck out of my tummy. But I have to admit, If I dont feel them move it makes me nervous. I do love being able to feel them move

Labor Signs: 3.5cm (almost 4) dilated and 90% effaced. I am still getting mild contractions on and off for most of the day

Belly Button in or out? Its not in or out, its just flat, like it blends into my belly.

What I miss: Putting on my own shoes and socks.

Milestones: I feel like every day is a milestone. But Im also proud that I made it to 37+ weeks at work and feel comfortable going on maternity leave at this point.

19 comments:

jbwife said...

I just couldn't be happier that you've made it this far!! Those babies are going to be big and healthy!!

Rachel H. said...

I'm so glad that you made it this far too...that's so great!! :) Can't wait to hear your update when they arrive. :)

Silvina said...

I can't wait to hear the arrival of Emma & Joshua. I think it's awesome that you have made it this far. It does feel weird when you don't work, but you will love every minute with E & J that you will feel like you don't want to go back to work. Well I'll keep checking for the updates.

osuraj said...

It's so great you've made it this far Shannon. It sounds like your babies are doing great and that it could be any day now. So excited!!!

Shanny said...

Yay for making it this far!
I'll be checking in later for that pic :)

Danse said...

So happy for you mama! Great job!!!

One piece of unsolicited advice - have a nice date night with the hubby ASAP. DH and I got dressed nicely and went to our favorite restaurant the night before my section and it was great! Plus, you won't be able to for a while :o)

Lindsay said...

I can't believe you've made it so long! I was sure you were going to go in these last few days! GL! I hope you have a speedy delivery!

Mrs. Hammer said...

It's really good news that they are spending all this time in your tummy. That just means they will be really, really healthy :) Hang in there for just a few more weeks!

Alicea (mnbride1013) said...

I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see these babies! Congrats on making it this far - the later the better for those babies. :)

I know how it feels to be "over" being pregnant - lack of sleep, heartburn, etc. Hang in there!! It's all worth it in the end.

Aaliyah said...

Go Shannon!!

Elisa said...

you are my hero! that is all...

Carly said...

you are my hero- that is all :)

Grasso10 said...

Wow! I can't believe how dialated you are already! I guess that's what happens where there are two babies pushing down! Sooo excited for you!

Kristin (kekis) said...

Oh my gosh, Shannon! You're almost there! You're going to be parents!!!! I'm obviously really excited for you. :)

tara said...

I'm happy that you are doing well and so are the little babies. I think you should wait until Friday to have those babies because that was the day i picked when you did that guessing thing. Being uncomfortable and awake all night is mother nature's way of preparing you for the late night feedings. I remember being to that point. Oh yeah...this is a warning to you. I swear i felt Parker moving in my stomach after he was born. It was the weirdest thing and i've heard other people say it too.

Kelly and Natalie said...

Natalie got down to 5 lbs, 14 oz at her smallest when she was losing weight, and she did just great! Tiny, but great! Just thought I'd say that to ease any concerns you may have. :) I'm super excited for you, and as always I'm happy those little ones are full-term and still cooking!

Mrs.F said...

Congrats on finishing your last day of work! Now all you will be doing is waiting & waiting for those first labor signs... at least that's what I did haha. Hopefully they are here soon!

voip companies said...

http://heybabydays.blogspot.com/2009/11/wayne-logiudice-and-kommotion-wayne.html

voip companies said...

I Like your blog,will sharing this with my friends, excellent work.
voip companies