Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Crib Sleeping and my 6 week appointment

Well we did it, we got Emma and Joshua to sleep in their cribs. Actually, they are both sharing Emma's crib right now because its closest to the door and since they arent moving much when they sleep, there is plenty of room for both of them.

Before the cribs, they were sleeping in the Pack n' Play in our room at night. After we went to their appointment and found out their weights, we realized they had quickly outgrown the 15lb limit on the bassinet. At nap time, they would normally sleep in the Pack n' Play or in the Boppy pillows on our bed, like this:


Emma (and her pacifier)

Joshua (and Emma's seahorse)


Since they have been sleeping in their cribs, they have been going closer to 4 hours in between feedings and sometimes even 5, which means more sleep for me and Dan. Awesome. I also don't hear every little noise they make which also makes it easier for me to sleep.

I had my 6 week postpartum appointment today and everything went good. I have lost all but 5 of the pounds I gained. I have a feeling the last 5 lbs will be the hardest. Im really going to need to get my butt on the treadmill. I am cleared to go back to work but will continue to be off until March 1st, since I am using some of my own PTO. She did give me a prescription for the mini-pill but I am going to hold off on that for awhile. I guess I will see how long it takes for me to get my period again since I am breastfeeding and then make a decision from there.

I cant believe that Emma and Joshua will be 6 weeks in a couple days, time is flying. Hope everyone is enjoying their week!

18 comments:

NestEris said...

Congrats on losing all but 5 lbs!! That is amazing :)

flojat said...

OMG, they are so adorable. And congrats on the weight loss! You're handling this whole mommy thing like a pro!

Jesse and Mandy Peterson said...

Sounds like everything is great! I love seeing how much more adorable and big your babies are getting!

Amy said...

Moving Evan to his crib was the best thing we did for all 3 of us, so I think that was a smart decision at this point! Glad your 6 week appointment went well and good for you for losing all that weight already! Zumba is calling your name now...:) Hope you are having a good week!

Shell said...

beautiful babies!

Megan said...

ditto on the mini pill. Not sure about that one. Maybe try tta instead and use condoms? Just a thought.
Congrats on all the weight loss! Doesn't it feel awesome to have gotten back down so quickly? Don't worry, you have determination to the moon and back so I wouldn't worry about those last 5.
Congrats on Crib Sleeping too. Jealous, but I don't think I could be far away just yet. Your little ones are growing so fast!

Amy said...

They are so precious! Congrats on the weight loss. That is seriously awesome!

Amy said...

i also found the last 5 the hardest to lose. but bf'ing sure does help! way to go!

Jeannie said...

They are just so precious! I just want to pick them up from sleeping and cuddle with them :) YAY for losing the weight so quickly!

Britt71884 said...

They are so cute Shan!! I am so happy that they are sleeping for longer stretches so you and Dan can sleep! The mini pill really screwed me up so I quit taking it...and look what happened :) Be careful unless you're ready for another :)

Rachel H. said...

So cute...your breastfeeding is going so well. I hope that it goes that well for us too! And if you have any sleeping suggestions and the transitioning to a crib, please post them!

Kelly and Natalie said...

Congrats on all that weight loss, that is great! I love the pics of them sleeping on their Boppy's. So darn cute!

Sharon said...

Hi,

My name is Sharon Smith and I am the assistant editor of Gynecology.net. I am contacting you today in hopes of developing a relationship with your website; we have seen your site and think your content is great. Gynecology.net offer a free informational resource to both the general and professional public on several women health issues.

I hope you show some interest in building relationship, please contact me at sharon.gynecology.net@gmail.com.

The Lane Family said...

I LOVE Boppy's especially when there are such sweet babies sleeping in them :) Congrats!! on moving them into their cribs and that they are doing so well sleeping. That is always a HUGE relief for Mommy and Daddy!!

You are amazing losing all but 5 pounds of weight from before the pregnancy. You will get it off!!!

I am sure the time will really fly now that you know you are going back to work in March. Who is going to watch the cute little ones for you???

Carly said...

congrats on crib sleeping! It is liberating. I love the pics, it is amazing how 'big' they look already compared to a month ago

Anonymous said...

your babies are gorgeous

Sarah said...

What sweet little pumpkins they are!

Nice work on the weight loss hon.

gringa78 said...

Beautiful babies!!!