Monday, January 4, 2010

Life after pregnancy

Towards the end of my pregnancy, I was miserable. I couldnt sleep, all I wanted to do was pee and eat and I didnt fit into any of my clothes. But its weird. Now that I am not pregnant, I miss it. Like alot. I love that Emma and Joshua are here but maybe I am a bit selfish because there is part of me that liked having them all to myself. Its hard to explain but it was like a secret that only the three of us were in on. I had them with me at all times and could feel their every kick and move. It made me feel special.


Don't get me wrong. Im glad they are here and I am thrilled to be able to share them with everyone but I would be lying if I said I didnt miss the time when it was just me and them.


So will I get pregnant again? Its amazing how many people have asked me this already. My answer is that I don't know whats in store for us. One thing that I learned while TTC is that you cant plan how you want things to be. You have to have faith that God's plan is bigger than you'll ever know. And thats how I feel about the prospect of having more children.


I also wanted to clear something up from my previous post where I talk about enjoying every moment with E&J. By no respect will I ever claim to be a super mom. This is hard work. Im tired and Im not always patient. Last night I looked at Joshua, while he was screaming his sweet little head off, and I called him a less than favorable name. I followed it up with kisses but still, Im not perfect. I just want to be honest and let everyone know that as much as I am appreciating every moment, its not easy and I do find myself getting annoyed and irritated, especially on little sleep.


Finally, here is my 40 week belly pic- Or 2 weeks post partum, lol. Im looking forward to my 6 week follow up appointment and hope to get cleared to start some walking or even running on the treadmill.


20 comments:

lovealways6565 said...

I understand what you mean about missing being pregnant. I went through the same thing. I think back now and still sometimes miss it. I hope youre doing great! PS- I think you are super mom!! :o)

Britt71884 said...

wow Shan- you look FANTASTIC!!

Jessica said...

You are looking fantastic!

E said...

Anyone who says they love every moment is lying.

You're doing a fantastic job!

Danse said...

I immediately missed being pregnant, a lot. I still do. Will I ever feel those kicks again? I think I know how you feel. I'd do it again in a heartbeat if I'm lucky enough to have another chance.

You look great!

Amy said...

You look awesome!!

Eris1995 said...

Shannon you look awesome!!!

Lindsay said...

You look great!!

Alicea (mnbride1013) said...

You are so right, motherhood is not easy, especially in the beginning and I couldn't imagine having to do it with 2. I can promise you it does get better and it does get easier and it changes every day. Once you feel you have a pattern going with your babies, it will change and you will have to re-adjust your own patterns and way of thinking. Just know this and expect it, so you're not blindsided like I was! LOL! There is so much about parenting that nobody ever tells you. Everyone wants it to be puppies and rainbows, but it definitely is not that 100% of the time. BUT...those great moments you have will completely wash away the bad ones and eventually you will have more good than bad.

You look fantastic, too! I've been terrible about working out - here I am 5 months post-partum and have yet to get motivated! Big hugs to you and your little ones!

jbwife said...

You look amazing!!! I am proud of you!! You are doing a fantastic job. We all have those moments of frustration and irritation, but we're all human and imperfect. It evens out though...when I'm feeling overwhelmed or frustrated they always manage to do something that just melts my heart and I instantly forget all the negative. I'm sure your sweet ones will do the same thing!!

I'm sure most people get asked if they will have more kids, but like you, I was surprised how many people ask that question so quickly when you have twins. On the flip side, it's surprising how many people (STRANGERS!) ask, "since you've had two, you're done right?" Just seems odd and a little insensitive for people just to assume that we wouldn't try for more just because we were blessed with two the first time.

I know exactly how you felt at the end!!!! Just so uncomfortable but you forget all of that when it's over and miss the sweet moments of feeling those babies kick and the anticipation of meeting them and seeing who they look like :)

Brittney said...

You look great!! Glad to hear your precious little ones are doing well:)

Kelly and Natalie said...

You look great lady!

I hated pregnancy, but I missed it, too. Especially at the beginning of Natalie's life, when I was actually supposed to still be pregnant. It's a weird feeling to have a child here and not have them inside anymore.

Parenting is hard. I can't imagine having two at the same age! I lose my patience a lot, too. It's one of my new years resolutions to remain more calm with Natalie. You're doing great! I tip my hat to you, and everyone, that has multiples!

Sarah said...

You look fantastic hon!

I loved being pregnant, and I've called Jack MANY a four-letter word. I threaten to sell him all the time, so meh.

The Lane Family said...

I found your blog through another mom of twins site...maybe "Little Brownies" I forget. Anyway we have had infant loss, miscarriages and infertility. But we also have 3 kids a 4 year old and 19 month old twin girls through in-vitro and our lives are blessed.

I LOVED This post it remind be of how I felt after my son was born and then after the girls were born but never wrote it down.

Yes, there are great moment and hard moments along the way with kids especially multiples but the ride is amazing!!!!

If you want to check out our crazy life and what you have to look forward too :) Just send me an e-mail to wendelton@gmail.com and I will add you so you can check out the blog!!!

Your children are beautiful and congrats!!!

Lindsey said...

I can soooo relate. I still miss being pregnant, it's such a wonderful experience and such a miracle.
And yeah, E is right, people who say that motherhood is a breeze and just wonderful 24/7 is not telling the truth. It's hard stuff :)
You look awesome.

flojat said...

I think you look fantastic. Congrats on those two amazing little babies!

Rachel H. said...

I think you look great, as well, and I know that I'll be ready to get back to exercising, as well! :)

Rachel said...

I just wanted to let you know that your blog has given me hope that one day I too will have my own little bundle of joy. Bless your heart for such honest blogging! =)

LOSER PAUL said...

Hello! :)

Kristen said...

Awesome picture!