Sunday, January 10, 2010

Photoshoot and a challenge

Dan and I took some pictures of Joshua and Emma the other day and I think they came out pretty good. Once they are older, I will take them somewhere for photos but for now, this will have to do. Wanted to share a few with you guys:


Emma close-up



Joshua close-up






One challenge that I am noticing is that I am struggling with spending enough time with each baby. I feel like I get to spend alot of time with Emma since I am nursing her but then I interact more with Joshua, to make up for the time I spend with Emma. I know this is just a case of "mommy guilt" but I can see its something Im going to have to deal with. If any MoMs or anyone else has any suggestions on how to deal with this, Im all ears!

And in breastfeeding news, it is going really well and I am glad. I know its not always an easy thing but I feel fortunate that, for now, its something I am able to do. Emma has not yet had a bottle and although Joshua will only nurse for a short time, I am able to pump about 16 oz per day, which means I only supplement with 8oz of formula.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and staying warm! Looks like it is pretty cold just about everywhere!

12 comments:

Ava and the Trips said...

Shannon,
I think it is a challenge for all MoMs to split their time. Some days I feel like all my time is devoted to one of them and the others don't get as much, but you figure eventually it evens itself out! I would just try to find time to snuggle with Joshua, but don't let it worry you! You are doing an incredible job!

The Lane Family said...

First off I LOVE the pictures. They are so sweet and you do a wonderful job. The one of Emma eating Joshua's hand is priceless!!

As for your question...Like the mom before me commented as a MoMs it is hard, but I have found that there are times when one needs more snuggle time so I will give it. I would just find times during the day when Emma is happy and you can give Joshua a little extra snuggle. Don't stress yourself out because you are doing a great job and the best you can. They will be fine and know that you love them each very much!!

jbwife said...

They are just so sweet. I just want to love on them!!

I think as MoMs it will always be something we concern ourselves with. I definitely worry at this stage that maybe I'm giving too much attention to Ethan and not enough to Lucas, but I just have to reassure myself that I'm doing the best that I can and they are both loved to the max. I try to make sure each of them get a little one on one mommy time each day just to make sure I get some special moments with each. The main thing is not to worry too much :)

Shanny said...

The pictures are lovely, the first one stole my heart though =)

On the challenge? I'll leave the advice to the MoMs!

Ro said...

Shan, they are beautiful! I'm so happy for you!

lovealways6565 said...

Shannon, I love the pictures! they are precious!! Second, All moms go through "mom guilt" its just natural! You are doing a wonderful job!

Eris1995 said...

so so so cute!

Mrs.F said...

Oh they are so cute! Love the little hats.

Elisa said...

those babies are gorgeous!! what great pictures you captured.

Tara White said...

Your photos are so sweet. i would have thought you got them done professionally. i really love the first one with both emma and joshua. I also have to admit i was excited to see you used the letters from their room in the pics. I feel honored.

flojat said...

Aw, I completely adore these photos! They're amazing!

Jenni said...

These are absolutely fantastic! They look professional! It also doesn't hurt that these are two of the cutest babies I've ever seen! :)