Thursday, January 7, 2010

Things I dont want to forget- The Joshua and Emma version


Two days before I delivered E&J, I wrote a post about things I didnt want to forget. Since the babies are 3 weeks old today, I think its time for another post of memories from the past 3 weeks.
Joshua:


With Mommy


Go Brownies!



1. You are so alert and you fight going to sleep. Your little eyes will start to close but then you will flinch and open them back up. I oftentimes feel like you are looking right at me and I like taking the time to put you up close to my face and give you kisses


2. Mommy needs more practice putting diapers on little boys. You have peed out your diaper many of times once its on and sometimes Mommy isnt quick enough to get a diaper back on you and you tinkle on the changing table. I'll work on it, I promise!

3. Although we try every time, you are just not interested in breastfeeding. Actually, you look repulsed at the thought. If Im lucky, I get you to nurse for about 3-5 minutes and then its onto your bottle of pumped milk.

4. Speaking of the bottle, Daddy and I call you "Pokey" It takes you forever to eat your 3 oz of breastmilk. Forever. But you seem to be getting faster and I still havent given up hope that you will catch onto breastfeeding

5. You have the funniest startle reflexes. Your arms will go out like a zombie until you relax. It always makes me smile


Emma:


All dressed up



One of Emma's funny faces


1. You are such a cuddly baby. You like to curl up on our chests and stay there. But if its feeding time, watch out! You'll try to breastfeed anything in your way, including daddy's neck or my shirt. It doesnt matter!

2. You are a champion breastfeeder and have yet to have a bottle except a half ounce left in one of Joshua's bottles- which you proceeded to suck down in 3 large gulps. Quite the opposite of your brother!

3. Mommy loves dressing you in cute outfits and you seem to like it, too. You are so patient as I struggle to get your little arms and legs into the cute things I have for you.

4. You make the funniest expressions when you wake up, you almost look like The Joker. You scrunch your face up and twist your neck, I laugh at your sweet faces all the time.

5. When I cant get you down to sleep, I walk with you around the house. You even like when I do chores like putting away dishes or laundry, as long as you can lay close on my chest while I do it.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, you make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

You're a carousel, you're a wishing well

And you light me up, when you ring my bell.

You're a mystery, you're from outer space,

You're every minute of my everyday.


And I can't believe, uh that I'm your man (mom, lol)

And I get to kiss you baby just because I can.

Whatever comes our way, ah we'll see it through,

And you know that's what our love can do.

12 comments:

Grasso10 said...

This post made me smile! I'm having a rough morning with Dominic but reading that just made me realize how blessed I am to have him and to appreciate these little fits he's having! I love hearing about Emma and Joshua! Too precious!

Amy said...

What wonderful memories you are already making!

Kelly and Natalie said...

I have no experience with this, but I've heard to point the pee-pee down so boys don't pee out of the diaper. I'm sure you've heard this or are smart enough to know this, but I never knew til one of my friends had a boy. :)

They are too cute! I love reading about your miracles!

Mel said...

so sweet. i had been meaning to post on here and congratulate you on the two little bundles. they are so sweet and adorable and i am so very happy for you. it goes by so fast...enjoy the little loves!

jbwife said...

They are just so sweet. Our boys were famous for peeing out of their diapers, while they were in premies. One thing the doc told us that we never thought about was when putting the diaper on, make sure you point "it" down so that when they do pee, it will be aimed in the right direction. You may already be doing that, but it didn't occur to us. Also, if you are in premies, huggies didn't seem to have the extra leg lining that pampers did.

Alicea (mnbride1013) said...

Kyle used to pee out his diaper all.time.time. Point it down when putting the diaper on and make sure the diaper is tight around the waist. Kyle still pees on me and sometimes on himself, but now when he does it, he thinks it's funny. :-/ Boys.

Jenni said...

I love it! They are so precious!

Jessica said...

They are both so precious. I love your updates!

Tara White said...

oh how i remember Parker peeing out of his diaper. it was a constantl battle, even with pointing it down and trying every type of diaper. When he starts filling out more it will help around the waist area. it seemed as though every time i would change him, it would happen again.
You seem to be adjusting well to dealing with 2 babies. i know it has to be difficult and fun at the same time. i still struggle with that especially when i have a lack of sleep.
the babies are so adorable, i can't wait to meet them.

The Lane Family said...

What a great post!! I love that you are taking the time to write down everything..I wished I had been better about that when they first came home. Granted they both had NICU time but still..good job!!

I love the picture of you and your sweet little boy and the fact that he just has his own way of taking on life..and is not in a hurry to get that food down.

I love the little face your daughter makes so sweet and the part about her finsihing off her brother's bottle in 3 gulps was so cute. Already showing their little personalities.

The song lyrics are great!!!

Carly said...

i wish i did this! what a wonderful post. I think Emma is just beautiful and Joshua is adorable with all his little personality. sigh- i love them

flojat said...

Aw, Shannie! They're gorgeous! I couldn't be happier for you and Dan.