Saturday, January 2, 2010

Updates, updates and more updates


I cant believe it- Joshua and Emma are over 2 weeks old! They had their 2 week appointment on Thursday and both babies PASSED their birth weights- wow!
Joshua- Birth weight-5lbs, 12oz .
2 week weight- 6lbs, 3 oz.

Emma- Birth weight- 6lbs, 5oz.
2 week weight- 6lbs, 8 oz

I was really happy with this for several reasons. First, I am EBF Emma and it made me feel good to know I am doing a good job. And then with Joshua, well, he is a SUPER slow and pokey eater. He has not taken to nursing that well so I am only able to nurse him about 5 minutes and then we bottle feed him the remainder. I did buy a pump, though, so he is getting mostly breastmilk but we do have to supplement with formula until I can get more of a supply.

The past two weeks have been challenging and fun, all rolled into one. We are on a 3 hour feed schedule and the babies do pretty good with getting woken up, getting kisses, eating, being changed and then going back to bed. Except at the midnight and 3 AM feedings. At those times, its nearly impossible to get them to go back to bed. So we are trying to keep them up more during the day on the activity mat or doing massages and playtime and we hope that gets them sleeping a bit more. Plus the pedi did say we could eliminate one night feeding so I am trying to get rid of the 3 AM feeding. They made it 4.5 hours last night before waking up which meant extra sleep for Dan and I!

Here are some pictures for your enjoyment.

All dressed up for New Years Day

Dan and I with the Babies





Joshua's Signature "Smug Face"


Emma Sleeping
Those Carseat Carries are HEAVY!

Towards the end of my pregnancy, everyone tried to warn me on how hard it was to have a baby and how much work it would be. I knew there was no way I could prepare myself for what it would be like to have one baby, much less two. But I promised myself that I would enjoy every part of it. I would not "wish away" the early morning feedings, the lack of sleep and the fussy babies because in all honesty, this might be the only time I ever get to do this. (Will there be a 3rd baby? Only time will tell, lol) I can say that so far, I am doing this. Sure, Im tired and Id give my Ugg boots for more than 2 hours of consecutive sleep but I love ever.single.moment. of my life right now. I feel blessed that God has entrusted me with these two beautiful beings and I realize the importance of being the best mother I can be. I hope I can always remember that.
Happy 2010 to all of my friends and blog readers. I hope this year brings you all of the happiness you deserve!
It won’t be like this for long
One day soon we'll look back laughin’
At the week we brought her home
This phase is gonna fly by
So baby just hold on
‘Cause it won't be like this for long

16 comments:

jbwife said...

They are beautiful!! Love Joshua's smug face!! p.s. I have muscles now that I NEVER had before because of those carriers :)

Kelly and Natalie said...

Wait until those little ones get older and bigger--those infant carriers get SOOO heavy! I remember thinking, I can't wait til Natalie can sit unassisted so I don't have to carry this. LOL. :)

They are beautiful! I love your positive attitude about all the "glamorous" things about having a newborn. You're doing a great job! Happy New Year!

Amy said...

What beautiful babies you have! Happy New Year Shannon!

Mrs. Hammer said...

They are so precious! You are a super star nursing mommy too. Way to go babies getting back up and beyond their birth weight. Happy New Year!

Bee said...

You have such a great attitude, Shannon! Joshua and Emma are both gorgeous. Congratulations!!!

E said...

Can I just say that you look amazing? Seriously. If I didn't love you so much I'd hate you for how fast you've bounced back.

They are angels.

Aaliyah said...

Girl like everyone else, I feel you on the infant carriers, and you have two!! I've never been able to carry it by the handle w/ M in it. I just pick it up with both hands (at each end). LOL! Maybe I'm a weakling. You look awesome and so do the babies!

Amy said...

they're just so tiny and cute, i love it! you look AWESOME!!

Carly said...

oh shannie- they are SO PRECIOUS! and congrats on surpassing birth weight- you are doing GREAT~

Danse said...

GOOD JOB, MOMMA! Can I just say I'm jealous of you for 2 reasons? 1) You're doing AMAZING at BFing and growing your little ones! and 2) You look AWESOME!

I really your take on everything too. I know the sleep deprivation is hard and many people will tell you it does get better. And really - it does. It doesn't always seem like it will, but at some point you'll turn around and wonder how you survived on so little sleep.

Keep up the good work :o)

Shanny said...

Awww they are absolutely breathtaking Shannon. I'm so happy for you and glad you are (tiredly) enjoying every moment!
Have a wonderful New Year!

Kristen said...

You are my inspiration for keeping a great attitude during those long nights in a few months! Congrats again! They are beautiful, and I am soooo happy for you!

gringa78 said...

Love those babies!!!!! And you look fabulous!!!

Megan said...

carseats are so heavy, that's true! Think of it as a good work out to get into that awesome mom shape, ready to chase them when that happens (time can slow down in the mean time). I'm so proud of you and your ability to EBF Emma and at least bottle feed Joshua mostly breastmilk. Its so awesome to hear a mother of multiples who is successful at that! Keep up the great work!
Oh, and the only thing I've found to work with getting back to sleep at night (and its still hit and miss) is a good tight swaddle. *hugs* you are a great mommy!

Elisa said...

Shan, they're beautiful! and YOU, my dear, look fabulous.

日月神教-任我行 said...

走光,色遊戲,情色自拍,kk俱樂部,好玩遊戲,免費遊戲,貼圖區,好玩遊戲區,中部人聊天室,情色視訊聊天室,聊天室ut,成人遊戲,免費成人影片,成人光碟,情色遊戲,情色a片,情色網,性愛自拍,美女寫真,亂倫,戀愛ING,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天,成人短片,美女交友,美女遊戲,18禁,三級片,自拍,後宮電影院,85cc,免費影片,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,日本a片,美女,成人圖片區,avdvd,色情遊戲,情色貼圖,女優,偷拍,情色視訊,愛情小說,85cc成人片,成人貼圖站,成人論壇,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,免費a片,視訊美女,視訊做愛,免費視訊,伊莉討論區,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,維克斯論壇,聊天室