Thursday, February 11, 2010

2 sets of eyes and 8 weeks

I got done feeding Emma and Joshua this morning and as they both lay on my bed, their eyes seemed to look into mine. 2 sets of eyes, touching every part of my heart and soul. As they looked at me, I realized that I will look into those eyes for the rest of my life. Someday those eyes will look at me on their first day of Kindergarten. And those eyes will beg me to buy them some candy at the store. I will look into those eyes after a dance recital or t-ball game. Behind those eyes are the children that Dan and I always wanted. The children that I feel lucky to be the mother to.

Its been 8 weeks since Emma and Joshua were born and they are growing and changing every day:

Emma's hair has gotten lighter, she has turned into such a good sleeper, she sticks her bottom lip out when she cries and she is desperately trying to stick her thumb in her mouth. She is bigger, of course, but she is still so dainty. Although she wears some 0-3 month clothes, some of her newborns still fit. She loves to be held, especially by me, and she still curls up in a little ball on our chests.

Emma trying to suck her thumb

Joshua is getting to be such a big boy. He is easily into his 0-3 month clothes and some of the pants are not long enough on him. He is so serious and intense with his eyes but I have caught him smiling alot, too. And he is so strong! He will grab onto anything, including my hair, and hold on for dear life. He is in love with his FP Seahorse and will even cry if it turns off and he has not fallen asleep yet.

Could he be any more serious? lol

Both of the babies are so good. Sure they scream, fuss, spit up and refuse to sleep at times but overall, I really feel lucky. I know that there will always be challenges with raising them but I am confident that I will always feel blessed to be their mom.

So Happy 8 Weeks, E&J! The time has been filled with so many changes and I look forward to even more changes to come.



Hope everyone is enjoying their week!

10 comments:

Jeannie said...

Such a sweet family. Shan, you are looking fantastic!!! Happy Valentine's Day Emma & Joshua :)

Lindsay said...

Great family pict!

Lindsey said...

I'm just so happy for you, E&J are adorable and I can't believe they are 8 weeks already.

Shanny said...

Happy 8 weeks to them, the pics are great... I love the one with Joshua being all serious lol

Tara White said...

Hey...I'm going to call you this weekend. I want to hear more about the little ones. they are so cute and adorable. I can't believe they are already 8 weeks old. Maybe Parker and I will come visit soon. I don't mean to be a drag but I was wondering if you are going back to work? I love reading your posts, i feel like i know Emma and Joshua already.

flojat said...

Look at that beautiful family! I am so happy for you all!

LOVEDBYD said...

What a wonderful family photo!!!

Mary said...

You have a gorgeous family, Shannon. I love you and E&J!

Mrs. Hoppy said...

CUTE pictures!

Carly said...

reading your posts always makes my heart smile- you are such a great mama