Sunday, February 28, 2010

Comfort from Above

I know that most (or all, lol) of my posts are about E&J but I really feel like I need to write this post.

There are times where I get this sense of comfort that comes over me. I can remember one time I blogged about it in this post. There was also the time about 3 days before my induction that I was lying in bed, nervous about what was going to happen, and then all of a sudden, I just felt better. Like I wasn't afraid anymore.

And then it happened again last night. We put E&J to bed and after Dan fell asleep, I just cried. I started thinking about going back to work and the emotions of that flooded over me and the tears just flowed. But as quickly as they started, they stopped. I felt something inside of me saying "It will be ok." I woke up this morning feeling like it will be ok. It won't be easy but then I realized that there is no promise that life will be easy. Its not. For every up, there are downs. For every joy, there are sorrows. That's life.

The promise that we do have is that, if we ask, God will give us comfort. And I do ask often. I ask for him to comfort me and to give me the strength to handle the things that happen in my life.

I heard this song yesterday and it really struck me.

There is hope for the helpless
Rest for the weary
Love for the broken heart
There is grace and forgiveness
Mercy and healing
He'll meet you wherever you are
Cry out to Jesus, Cry out to Jesus


10 comments:

Shanny said...

Oh darling, I can only imagine how difficult it will be for you but I'm glad you turned to God for some comfort. Beautiful words in that song, and touching.

((Hugs))

Kelly and Natalie said...

I'm not a religious person, but I find comfort in just remembering God has a plan. Every time I'm faced with a problem, I try to see it from that point of view. That there is a plan and that everything happens for a reason. Glad you're starting to feel better. We all love you!

Jessica@The Southern Belle Baby said...

I've gotten that feeling before. I was standing in the shower, thinking about the infertility issues. A feeling of peace came over me, and I just knew that I was going to be okay... and that I was pregnant. Turns out, I was right. :) God is truly amazing!

I know you're going to be okay!

The Lane Family said...

What a wonderful post. I am sorry that you are having to go through this and I remember what the night before I went back to work after Aidan was like. The first day I hung-up tons of pictures and had a good cry at lunch :)

But I agree with you it is such a wonderful feeling when the Lord comforts you and reminds you that he will give you strength and comfort and help you through.

Thank you for sharing this and I will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Wendi :)

Jeannie said...

Love that song! Love that whole cd! It is truly amazing how He is always with us. It's the most comforting feeling when you know He has given you peace over something.

Jesse and Mandy Peterson said...

I know how emotional the idea of going back to work could be. When I thought about it before having Josiah, I cried just at the thought. I am glad that I am able to stay home with him, but wanted to offer the perspective that even staying home offers its own trials as well. Losing half of our income has made things REALLY difficult. I know that God speaks to me on a consistent basis telling me that everything will be okay. And so far, we're making it. I know that as you return back to work, as hard as it will be, God will give you the strength you need.

Mrs. Hoppy said...

I hope your first day back at work is going well!

tara White said...

Glad to hear you are feeling some relief. it will have its ups and downs but you are strong!

Sarah C said...

As someone who has faith, I totally understand what you're talking about it. It's a wonderful comfort.

Kristi said...

How wonderful to be reminded that we never have to go through anything alone. I pray that you had a good first day back!!