Monday, February 22, 2010

Growing babies!

Dan and I took Joshua and Emma to their 2 month appointment on Friday. Their stats are:

Emma- 9lbs 10 oz, 22.75 inches
Joshua- 11lbs, 24 inches


Emma is in the 50th percentile for height and the 25th percentile for weight. I expected her to be in a lower percentile for weight, she is just such a peanut. Josh is in the 50th percentile for weight (but can we note that he has DOUBLED the weight he was when we brought him home? What a little piggy!) and he is in the 75th-100th percentile for height! The pediatrician was happy with both of their progresses and we were, too. They both cried when they got their shots but they were consolable and ok the rest of the day. They were, however, both absolute terrors yesterday and I cant figure out if it was a delayed reaction to the shots. They were fine for today's morning feeding and slept 7 hours last night so I guess we will see how today goes.

Remember how I talked about Emma wanting to suck her thumb? Well she figured it out. And its so funny because her thumb is so tiny but she puts it in her mouth and atleast tries to suck. And Joshua has gotten alot more expressive. He is kicking his legs all around and smiling, especially when I give him kisses. Oh and he looks so much like Dan, I can't even believe it. I think its the eyes.

This is my last week before I go back to work. I have very strong and mixed feelings about this and have plans to blog about it soon. So stay tuned!

Here are some new pictures. Enjoy your week!


Emma always looks so sneaky

Napping in our bed with Dan

Before their 2 month appt

Playing on their mat

Emma

Joshua

14 comments:

Grasso10 said...

They are oh so beautiful! I love the updates!

Jessica said...

Those two are so beautiful!! What fun you must be having with them!!

Britt71884 said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that first picture of Emma!!! You have beautiful babies Shan <3

Jeannie said...

I just want to cuddle with them they are so cute. And getting so big!

Ro said...

They are so cute, Shan! Yay for healthy, growing babies!

Ava and the Trips said...

I love the first pic...they are so cute and getting so big! I hope going back to work isn't too bad...email me if you need some support! :)

Jesse and Mandy Peterson said...

Beautiful babies!

Lindsay said...

They're precious.

mtendere said...

They are gorgeous!

Mel said...

Oh wow, look how big they are getting. They are just adorable!

Amy said...

they are just so cute, Shannon! gl going back to work next week. i'll be thinking of you!

flojat said...

Cutie heads! I want to eat them up!

Shanny said...

Glad their progress is going wel....She does look sneaky that Emma! =)
They both look so adorable, I can't imagine how you'll be when you start work again, all I can do is wish you good luck.

Kristi said...

They are such beautiful babies, Shanon!! Good work, Momma, on putting meat on their bones!!