Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Poop Happens

Yesterday was a funny day. First, Emma and Joshua are eating me out of house and well, boob. They must be going through a 6 week growth spurt a few days late because I can't seem to get enough food in them. I am literally nursing and pumping and then pumping and nursing all.day.long. Hopefully this passes soon!

Back to the story. When I do a feeding alone, I do it on our bed. Its easiest for me because I have plenty of room to prop up one baby and feed them an expressed milk bottle and then nurse the other. Yesterday, I was nursing Emma and I had Josh propped up in the Boppy.. We were just getting into the feeding when I heard Joshua take a poop. Now this is pretty common around my house. My babies love to poop while they eat. This is why I rarely change diapers before we eat because honestly, its not worth it. Anyways, I hear Joshua poop but it doesn't seem to phase him. He just keeps on eating. And then I smell the poop. Like really smell it. I look over and he has pooped RIGHT ON MY BED. He must have lifted his leg up or the diaper must have gapped because the poop clearly didnt stay where it belonged.

Well when I saw this, I immediately jump up and start to clean it up. But of course my super hungry babies begin to scream like crazy because, well, they are famished. So I make an executive decision. I leave Joshua sitting in the poop and just keep on feeding both of them. I mean, what's a mom of two hungry babies supposed to do? lol

And in true Shannon fashion, right before I clean it up, I take a picture because it was just so darn funny. Here you go:


Joshua (and now he is crying because he realized he is sitting in poop)


Emma "Um Dad, we have a bit of a situation here"


So yeah, that was my day yesterday. Hope everyone's February started off as good and funny as mine!

19 comments:

Tara White said...

You are so funny. Parker pooped in the bath tub the other day. it was actually pretty gross but still funny. I'm glad you can laugh about these things and not stress.

Anne said...

Hahaha. I love how you put the phone up to her ear. Great pictures...that is something you will always remember! By the way, you are sounding like Super Mom these days!!! :)

The Lane Family said...

You rock, getting a picture!! It is just part of the crazy, fun journey called "mommyhood". The picture of Emma with the phone is so sweet and cute!!!

Just wait until a blow-out once solid foods start...it is..."precious"!!!

Alicea (mnbride1013) said...

Too funny! I haven't had that one with Kyle yet.

Heidi said...

Haha love the picture of Emma & the phone. Welcome to diaper explosions... it's not the end of them & the sweet smelling baby poop doesn't last for long!

Jeannie said...

That's awesome!! Brings back memories :)

Shanny said...

This is too much lol

Just Believing said...

That is hilarious!!! And I love that you took a picture more than anything :)

We have yet to have a blow out but man when the day comes I will think like you and take a picture cuz its funy!

flojat said...

Such a glamorous life! ;-)

I love that you took a picture before cleaning him up. That's my girl!

Anne said...

Hey Shannon, just so you know I left you an award over at my blog! (you might need to scroll down a little for it now though!) :)

LOVEDBYD said...

You are cute! 911, get Daddy on it Emma!

Megan said...

DIES.LAUGHING. OMG that's the funniest things I've ever heard and seen! Love the photos and the story. Gotta love the blow outs.

Mel said...

while i only have one, this has happened to me, too. many a time. i think it must be a classic stepping stone in early motherhood. way to handle, momma.

Mrs. Hammer said...

Oh I'm so sorry but it's just too funny not to laugh. I love that you thought to take pictures. You have to save that for when he has a girlfriend some day, he'll just die of embarassment!

Leannabanna said...

Oh my gosh, Shannon, I literally laughed out loud at this post. The picture of Emma really got me laughing, especially after the one of Joshua! I think all mom's have been there! Happy B-day!

Kristen said...

Hahaha! Love it!

Sarah said...

LOL, motherhood is so glamourous!

A said...

That is so funny!!!!! I love it!

Jess said...

OH MY GOSH...The pictures are hilarious:) Too funny!