Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hello Updated Blog!

Check me out! I am all updated and looking quite spiffy, I might add. I am excited to have a more stylish forum for sharing all of my stories about being a mom to Emma and Joshua.

I have said it many times but I really believe it- this blog saved has saved my sanity so many times. I am not sure if I would have gotten through infertility without an outlet to share my feelings and without the support of those who followed my journey. And I am fairly certain that I would not have gotten through the uncertainties of my twin pregnancy without being able to ramble about it here. Of course now that Emma and Joshua are here, this blog is a place for me to brag incessantly about them but its also a place where I can talk about all of the fears, inadequacies and just plain crazy stuff that happens when you are a mom.

The best part time of my day used to be 4:30 PM- the end of my work day. The best part of my day now? 6:00 AM. That's the time that I go into E&J's room, turn off their white noise machine and open up their swaddle blankets. Almost immediately, they both begin stretching and squirming and then open their eyes to look at me. And they smile. Seriously? It doesn't get any better than that. It makes all of the stress, and pumping in my Ford Fusion (oh yes, more info on that later), and eating cold dinners almost every night worth it.

For those who have read my blog from the beginning and those that are just reading now, I thank you! I hope everyone has a great weekend!


Emma and Josh in our bed this AM, after they ate

12 comments:

Jessica said...

It looks great!!

The Lane Family said...

Once again LOVE the new look and I have to agree with you that my favorite time of Day is first thing in the morning. Especially when they are little because they are so excited and so ready to take on their day!!

The picture is so cute and they sure are growing.

I agree with you my blog is a place to share, vent and just remember all the moments!!

Amy said...

I LOVE it!

I'm glad you said "more about that later" on the pumping in your car. I may be doing that when I go back to work so I'm interested in hearing. Also, what kind of pump do you have?

Jess said...

I love the new look! And I love seeing the pictures and hearing about them. I soooo wish I could get my blog together. maybe I should pay you, lol. Take care, shannon!

Kristi said...

Love the new blog design!!!

Brittney said...

Super cute - LOVE the new blog design!!

Jenni said...

I love the new look! It looks fantastic! :)

Lindsay said...

Looks great!

Carly said...

i love the new layout! and i love seeing more e & j!

Jesse and Mandy Peterson said...

Love the new blog layout and love being a part of your journey with you! For many more months and years to come!

Jessica@The Southern Belle Baby said...

It looks fantastic! I love the new name, too.

And thanks for adding my button! :)

Leannabanna said...

Oh , Shannon, they are just the cutest twins I have ever seen!! They are getting big! Love the new look!