Monday, March 1, 2010

I Survived

Well I did it. I went back to work. I will admit, I had to leave earlier so that I wouldn't have to see E&J packed up in their carseats because somehow, that would make it harder for me. So instead, I peaked my head into their room and watched them sleep for just a moment and then said my good-byes. I won't lie, as I drove to work, I considered having a good cry but instead, I turned up the music and sang at the top of my lungs. Nice alternative, right? And by the time I got to the office, I felt ok. Its been nice to see everyone again and I am slowly getting myself set back up.. But I think of my babies often. I find myself getting the urge to just close my laptop and walk it and my company car keys over to my bosses desk. But I'm going to be strong and stick this out. I know I can do it and I know E&J are in good hands.

I feel bad because I never updated about Joshua's surgery last Wednesday but it went great. He was the smallest and clearly the cutest baby in the surgery section at the hospital that day. He was ALL smiles with Dan and I and the nurses and looked so cute in his hospital gown. They put him under at 8:45 and by 9:15 they were already coming to get us. As we got closer to the recovery area, I heard him screaming and asked the nurse if he was in pain. She just smiled and said "I doubt it, I think he is just hungry" And she was right, since he hadn't eaten for almost 5 hours. I nursed him and he quickly calmed down. The surgery went great and his belly button looks so cute!

I do have some new pictures but those will have to wait until my next post. I hope everyone enjoys their week! 4 more days until the weekend :)

9 comments:

lovealways6565 said...

Shannon I am soo happy your first day went good. It does get easier but there are days where you will still want to pack it up. BUT I know you are strong. I'm glad joshua's surgery went well. They are getting so big. :o)

Tara White said...

So glad you made it through the first day. I still drive in my car with the radio up and singing away. it's good alone time and I try to enjoy it even if i'm just driving.

Kelly and Natalie said...

I knew you would survive! Just think how much more amazing your weekends will be when you get to spend all that precious time with your babies! :)

Mel said...

you know, i had the same experience with my first days back at work. i had to bring h to daycare so i had a minor breakdown, but i kept it to the car. and then i turned up the radio and relaxed and tried to enjoy the time. it's good to have a change of pace and atmosphere. i miss him every second, but i can do it and not feel horrid.

so glad everything is going well for you all!

Julia said...

You will do great, and going back is definitely an adjustment. It is okay to cry (I did every afternoon on the way home my first week), and remember you will have peaks and valleys. At the end of the day your children will appreciate what a strong woman you are.

gringa78 said...

You did it!!!!! ((HUGS))

Jenni said...

You're a rock star! So proud! Sending hugs! :)

Megan said...

so happy to hear that all seems well (as much as possible for a working mom). you have more brass than me for working again. your package should be in the mail around monday. sorry for the delay!

The Lane Family said...

I am glad that your first day went okay. I too have listened to music and sang with it to keep myself from crying :)

I am sure there are going to be good days and bad days and that you will anxiously await the weekends. What a great mom you are!!

Glad to hear that the surgery went okay. It always amazes me how fast kids recover from things!!!