Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sing a little song

I have a horrible voice. Sadly, that does not stop me from belting out a tune just about everywhere I go. I sing in the car. I sing at work. Coincidentally, I am normally too tired to sing in the shower, although that would be a good place to sing because no one can here me there. I also sing a lot for Emma and Joshua.

I started singing to them when I found out I was pregnant. And as they got bigger, I used to like to think that my singing would make them do some of the kicks and wiggles that I could feel. Once they were born, the singing continued. I sang to them in the hospital and when we brought them home and quickly made up two songs that Dan and I use all the time. If I was really brave, I would take and post videos of me singing them but I like all of you too much to subject you to that! So here they are:

"The Burping Song" (Yes, I made up a song to burp)

Mommy burps Joshie (or Emmie, of course) all day long
Mommy burps Joshie while she sings this song
She burps him to the left (and I move to the left while I sing this line)
She burps him to the right (you can guess where I move this time, lol)
Mommy burps Joshie with all of her might.



"The Sleeping Song"

Rocky, rocky, rocky, Emma likes to rocky.
I rock the pretty Emma all day long (If you remember, I also burp all day long, too)
She's such a sweet pea baby and mommy loves the baby
The baby named Emma Sophia (also works for Joshua Robert)


So what about you, do you have any songs you made up just for your little one?


Joshua wearing his "Daddy Boot Camp" onesie

Both in their onesies


Emma and Joshua

Emma in the swing

6 comments:

gringa78 said...

OMG, too cute for words!!! Love the new pics!! I was singing Elton John's "Tiny Dancer" in the car the other day and Maddie started kicking..it was so cute, so I know what you mean!!

Jesse and Mandy Peterson said...

Cute pictures... and songs! I sing for Josiah a lot, but nothing I really made up.

There's one song that my mom sang to us as a kid, though, that I sing to Josiah a lot(she didn't make it up) It says: "If I were a butterfly, I'd thank you Lord that I could fly. And if I were a fish in the sea, I'd wiggle around and I'd giggle with glee. And if I were a crocodile, I'd thank you Lord for my great smile. But I just thank you Father for making me me. 'Cause you gave me a heart and you gave me a smile. You gave me Jesus and you made me your child. And I just thank you Father for making me me."

And the song that I kinda consider "our song" for Josiah and me is "I love you a bushel and a peck..." I sing that to him a lot, but it gets really horribly high pitched and off key at the end, which makes it even funnier.

Reflections said...

Our is: Here comes Noah the Pooh Noah the Pooh willy nilly silly all stuff with puff... He's Noah the pooh willy nilly silly all DAY!! lol

Gabrielle your daddy's belle Gabrielle: still working on hers...lol

mrsbliven said...

I called Bailey binky face for a while when she was little and my husband one day started singing (to the tune of Pussycat): Binky Face, Binky Face where are you? where are you? I see you, Binky Face Binky Face, Play with me Play with me, you will! Binky Face Binky Face I love you I love you, I do!

Megan said...

LOVE IT! I haven't really made up any songs, just messing up the words to the traditional songs. Today, Adam and I butchered Hickory Dickory pretty badly. I like your songs MUCH better though. Thing is, they don't care about our voice and how it sounds, they just love the songs!
By the way, let me know when your package shows up. I haven't heard anything from Leenie or Mary and have no way of getting a hold of Mary to make sure it even got there. Yours should be there any day now!

The Lane Family said...

This was a great post and I am glad to know that I am not the only one who makes up songs that I think fit the moment or the setting!!

The pictures of them are just so sweet and adorable and I love their matching onesies in honor of Daddy Boot camp..so fun!!