Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A new first

This is a "Mom-first" and its not a good one. Tomorrow night is the first night I will be away from Emma and Joshua. I have to go to a 2 day meeting for work and its 2 hours away. So tomorrow, I will get up at 4 AM and do my morning routine and get on the road by 5:30. I won't get home until around 7 on Friday night.

I know that E&J won't really know the difference. They will just stay at my IL's house until Dan can pick them up and then my parent's will be here to help him with the 6:00 feedings. And Dan is so good with them and they are so used to him that they will be ok without seeing me and hearing my voice. So really, the only person this is super hard on is me. I don't want to be away from my babies.

A few people have said "Well atleast you will get a good night's sleep" but I don't know, I guess I like the sleep that I get now. I don't go to bed until after 10 because I get to rock and kiss my babies good night. And then I crawl into a bed where sometimes I smell spit up or roll onto a burp cloth that we missed but I love it. I can hear their white noise machine from my room and it helps put me to sleep but not too deep of a sleep. Because in the back of my mind, I am always listening for them. Im always ready to jump out of bed in an instant if one of them needs me. So yeah, thats the kind of sleep that I like.

But just like everything else, I will get through this too. Before I know it, the trip will be over and I will be home. I can't wait for that!


Hope everyone is having a good week!


Getting their "lean on" in the Bumbos

Sitting on the bed where Dan and I sit


Look how little Emma looks!

And look how confused Joshua looks! lol

10 comments:

CLML said...

You will do great, and you'll be back with them before you know it! I can personally say that when I went to CA for the weekend without G, that it was some of the worst sleep ever. Even though I was looking to catch up on rest and was there for a fun reason (plus no distractions and my old bed) I woke up every hour. Its just hard to be physically be away from them.

Alissa said...

I LOVE the picture of them on the beds and in the bumbos! So cute!

I hope your trip goes well. I haven't left Molly yet, I am afraid to!

Kelly and Natalie said...

Hang in there! And you probably won't get any sleep...you will still be listening to them in your sleep. :)

I love the pics of them as always, so cute! They look so big in your bed!

Alicea said...

My first night away from Kyle I didn't sleep well at all. It wasn't until Kyle was 5 months old, we went to Dallas overnight for a wedding. It was really hard on me, I missed my little guy like crazy, but at the same time it was nice to get away, but yeah, sleep was hard. I like the kind I get now, too. :) You'll do fine and I hope your trip goes well!

Mrs. Hoppy said...

They are getting so big!! I wanted to wish you luck for your first night away - I hope it goes well and goes quickly! :)

The Lane Family said...

I remember the first nights away. It is tough and as for getting a good night's sleep I am with you. I did not because my body is so used to listening and getting up with them that it wanted to keep doing that.

It will be hard but it will go buy faster than you think and then you will be home and they will be back in your arms.

The pictures are adorable and they looks so cute sitting up against, pillows, bumbo's etc.

Jesse and Mandy Peterson said...

I know the first night can be hard. I hope it goes well enough for you. Love the new pictures!

Just Believing said...

Aww I feel ya mama my first night away from Faith was so hard! But I Know it was good for me, and for her and she did awesome prbably even better than she does at home ( little booger making grandma think shes easy and all ;)

Ro said...

They are just TOO cute, Shannie! I know you'll do great being away :)

(((((HUGS)))))

A said...

Awww! Love it! Just think of how it's going to feel when you finally get home to see them and what their faces will say when they get to see their mommy finally!