Thursday, April 22, 2010

One year Ago

One year ago, Dan and I went to Dollar Tree to load up on some pregnancy tests. I had wasted so much money in the past POAS (peeing on a stick) that I decided that this time, I was using the cheap ones.

One year ago, I snuck into the bathroom while Dan was unloading our groceries and even though I promised I wouldn't, I used the pregnancy test at 12 days past my IUI

One year ago, I walked away from the pregnancy test and came back 5 minutes later to one of the most waited for thing in the world- 2 lines

One year ago, I ran to the kitchen and shoved the test in Dan's face and we stared in disbelief. We then laughed, hugged, and stared in disbelief some more.

One year ago was the start of the rest of my life. This past year has brought so many changes and has hard as things are sometimes, I wouldn't change a thing.






We had Emma and Joshua's 4 month appointment yesterday. Here are their stats:

Emma:

Weight: 12lbs 11 oz- 25th Percentile
Height: 25 inches- 75th Percentile

Joshua:

Weight: 14lbs 7 oz- 50th Percentile
Height: 26 1/2 inches- 95th Percentile

Although they are both in decent percentiles, they are still wearing 0-3 month clothes. I bought them some 3-6 sleepers yesterday and they fit but they are so baggy! Both of them are in Size 2 diapers and I think they will be in those for awhile.

Hope everyone is having a great week!


Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

18 comments:

Amy said...

Aww, I love the 1 year ago posts! Love the pic of Emma and Josh!

Rachel H. said...

I love this...this is too great! I can't believe that I'll be posting my one year ago post in a little less than a month! Wow, time flies!

Shannon said...

Wow cant believe it was one year ago already! Love this post Shannon.
Glad to hear J&E are growing so much!!! YAH!!!

Kelly and Natalie said...

This got me a little teary-eyed, just thinking of all you've been through. Emma and Josh are getting so big!

Mrs.F said...

You are truly blessed!

And I can't believe how tall they both are! I have a little munchkin on my hands LOL

LOVEDBYD said...

Oh.emm.gee! It has been one year since your BFP! Time flies.

The Lane Family said...

I do not think anyone can appreciate a pregnancy test as much as someone who has worked so hard and waited so long to see a positive.

I also enjoyed your post about the challenges of infertility especially when someone asks if you are going to have more. In my opinion it does not matter what it was clomid, IUI or IVF, when it takes so long to get pregnant, you are thrilled when you do and you have your sweet babies but there is always a part that wonders will there be more?? will I ever feel those tiny kicks?? I have been there and I know, you are so blessed but there is always that what if???

Brittney said...

What a WONDERFUL journey...and such a beautiful, happy ending!! Glad to hear your little ones are doing so well:)

gringa78 said...

Aww! I love this post!! That was such a happy day...I remember the pic of the digital in front of the steering wheel. :) Your babies are so beautiful and I'm so incredibly happy for you and Dan!!

NestEris said...

Yay Happy BFP anniversary day! It was April 15 that I found out about Mason.

Kristi said...

Aw, this brings tears to my eyes! Congratulations!

Megan said...

OMG Love the post, LOVE the photo, and can't believe what tall kids you have so far. That's amazing you can still get them into 0-3 (Anthony is long too and I have issues with him growing out of them the long way quite quickly).
They are getting so big! So beautiful!

Lindsay said...

They're getting so big!

Sarah C said...

One year ago, I cried tears of joy for you. At long last, your journey had a happy ending.

I'm so thankful you have been blessed by your sweet babies. IT is so well deserved, and I know they are very loved.

flojat said...

This makes my heart happy. :-)

Elisa said...

one year ago, i remember crying for you when you got the BFP. i don't think i'll ever forget it.

this is such a sweet post! love it.

Scullyhoyy said...

What a great post! & the kiddies are adorable as usual.

Just Believing said...

What a wonderful day indeed followed by a lifetime of miracles!!!!!