Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Rice Cereal




We decided to try rice cereal with Emma and Joshua on Saturday, which was their 4 month birthday. The reviews? Mixed.

Joshua:

He seemed to catch on really quick. And once he did, watch out! He now opens his mouth when he sees the spoon and if I take too long getting the spoon to his mouth, he starts yelling. He also does this thing that he does with the bottle and its hysterical. When the spoon (or bottle) gets close to his mouth and he is hungry, he attacks it like a dog would attack a steak (its the only way I can think to explain it) He moves his head from side to side and then moves in to eat.


Emma:

She is not really enjoying the cereal. I watched her closely and she can swallow it but she apparently hates the taste and probably the texture of it. She is also too interested in her thumb to take the time to eat. I put the food in her mouth and she makes a horrible face, swallows and then shoves her thumb back in her mouth. The problem is that she still has food in there so the food ends up squirting out everywhere. Again, hysterical!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

You've probably been told this already...however... when I first started getting my daughter to eat cereal, I had to put it in one of her bottles. Since Josh has decided to take up with the spoon, let him eat that way. However, for Emma, you may want to try adding just a little cereal to one of Emma's bottles. (Just make sure to keep that nipple only for cereal bottles! You'll have to make the hole bigger so the cereal will flow through....and milk will POUR out! Learned that one the HARD way! lol)




Just so you know.... My name is Leslie. I have a 6 year old daughter. I can't remember where I found your blog. I think I was blog hopping and found you. I was inspired by your story. I can't imagine having two the same age. The ONE I have is more than a handful for me! ;) Good luck with the cereal! May God continue to bless your family!

Tara White said...

I cannot believe how big and adorable Joshua and Emma are getting. It's amazing that they grow to quickly. I can't wait to hold them. The time passes so quickly, i'm glad you are documenting everything. Parker will be 2 already.

Kelly and Natalie said...

Rice cereal? Get the heck outta here! I can't believe how big they are!

Kismet21 said...

We have not started this year. I hope Sophia takes well to it. We bought the cereal and will most likely try at 5 months. I hope Emma catches on quick!

Brittney said...

Oh my goodness, those pics are great!! Your beautiful babies are getting so big!

BTW, I've got an award for you on my blog:)

The Lane Family said...

I love your pictures and I especially love your boppy chairs...( I had the same ones in pink like Emma's)

Rice cereal is always a fun event. I love their faces and what they do or not do with the cereal.

The story about Emma and her thumb with the cereal is so funny. The way you described Josh going after food also made me laugh!!!