Friday, April 9, 2010

Schedule

I know a lot of people say that you shouldn't put a baby on a schedule, especially too early. Well, I knew pretty early on that I wouldn't be one of those moms. My kids are on a schedule and so am I. It works for us and it actually helps to make things more relaxed and less stressful for me. And if I am relaxed, then the babies are going to be more relaxed, too.

Since I know our schedule will always be changing Emma and Joshua grow older, I wanted to post about our current schedule so that I don't ever forget how these early months went. So here it goes:

5-5:30 AM. I wake up, pump, shower, read blogs and emails, sometimes do some work, get bottles ready

6:00 AM. Wake up Dan, wake up and feed E&J

7:00. Dress E&J, Dan makes lunch and breakfast, I get ready for work

7:20. Dan leaves to take E&J to his parent's house

7:30. I leave for work

9:00 Pump

10:00 E&J eat at my IL's house

12:00 Pump

2:00 E&J eat at my IL's house

3:00 Pump (oh yes, I am also doing like a million things for work during this time, too. My job is nuts)

3:30-4:30 Pick up E&J. It all depends how busy I am with work

4:30-5:00 E&J nap while I wash bottles, start dinner, do some cleaning, finish working

5:30. Dan comes home and we have dinner, I also pump

6:00 Feed E&J

6:30-7:30 Play with E&J, get them ready for bed and put them down at 7:30

7:30-9:00 Dan and I try to spend time together but we are normally making bottles for the next day, doing laundry, cleaning up. Oh and of course, I have to pump

9:15- Feed E&J (I'd like this to be more of a dream feed but they actually pretty much fully wake up. The good part is they go right back to bed)

10:00- E&J are back in bed. And so are Dan and I.


Wowza. Thats a long day. But we manage to get everything done because there is no question about when we are going to do it. So, my dear readers, do you have a schedule that works good for your family?



Emma's Reponse to My Schedule- sticking out her tongue!

12 comments:

Amy said...

*standing ovation* i cannot believe you pack that much into your day and are still sane. you are wonder woman!

Gena said...

Super mommma! I'm in awe. Seriously.

Kelly and Natalie said...

I'm a mom on a schedule, too. I have to be. I started picking up on when Natalie ate when she was like 3 months and just went with it. It's been pretty consistent since then. Eating, naps, bedtime...all on a routine. :)

You're a super momma! That's a long day!

Jessica said...

You are amazing!! I think it hwlp mama and babies when there is a schedule.

Rachel H. said...

I only have one little guy, but we too are on a schedule, and I don't think that I could function without it! It's awesome! I'll post my schedule sometime next week.

The Lane Family said...

The picture is so darn cute!!!

I think you are doing AWESOME!! This is a terrific schedule with twins even though I know it is a lot it is worth it in the long run.

We have had many schedules and they have changed as the girls have gotten older currently are schedule is:

8:30 everyone is awake (usually my 4 year old is up earlier than this)

9:00 Breakfast

9:30 Clean-up, dress and do hair for all

10:00-12:00 play time, walks etc.

12:00 lunch

2:00 Naptime

4:30 everyone up to play and get ready for dinner

9:00 bed for all

It really does help to have some type of schedule!!

mtendere said...

I became much happier when we got Sophia on a predicatable schedule. It wouldn't have worked for me early on, but it's so nice now. And with twins...I don't know how anyone would survive without one!

A said...

Wow!! That's amazing! Question - I'd love to pump as well. Do you pump often because you have two babies to feed or because you need to pump that often (or you'll start to leak, etc.)?

Sarah C said...

You're amazing!

And I promise you the pumping is worth it and will go by quickly. It seems to drag at the time, but the last year is like a blink to me.

Great job momma!

Danse said...

I'm a stickler to our schedule - and a FIRM believer in it, esp. when there are 2 involved and you want them on the same one. Good job!

Megan said...

no schedule quite like yours. Anthony is usually up around 8:30, eats and plays until about 10:30 or 11, crashes for a nap, and then it depends on how well the nap goes he might sleep for about 30 mins at a time and nurse before getting back to his nap. Then he will eat whenever, nap when he's tired (some days we play harder than others) and we try to have him swaddled and in bed around 9:30 or so. then he will typically wake up around 4 or 5 for a "midnight snack" and then sleep until he wakes up for the day around 8:30. But I don't have places to be or anything like that so I'm able to do that.
Proud that you have all that established already!!

Mitzi G.!! said...

I thought my schedule was nuts!!