On Monday, Emma and Joshua will be 5 months. Time for another installment of "Things I Don't Want To Forget"
Both of Them:
1. We survived the 4 month wakeful. For us, it lasted about 2 weeks and mainly affected Joshua. Emma had several nights during those 2 weeks that she did not get up but Josh did. Sometimes it was 11 pm, sometimes 1 am and sometimes 4 am. A few times, it was all 3. But they are both back to sleeping through the night. For now.
2. They both can still fit into their 0-3 month clothes but I am bored of those outfits so I packed them up and brought out 3-6 month. But the 6 month stuff from Carter's? Still too big. I am hoping it fits soon because I have a lot of that for summer.
3. They are both still wearing Size 2 diapers. Emma can fit in size 1-2 but those are too small on Josh. I mostly stick with Pampers but we are using some Huggies right now. Although they leaked for us early on, they are ok now.
1. She is a rolling machine. I can barely keep her on her back anymore, including at night. I put her down and she immediately puts her head to the side and before I know it, she is on her tummy. She slept a couple nights like that and although it freaked me out, she looked so comfortable.
2. Emma now enjoys rice cereal and oatmeal. She doesn't eat it as fast as Josh but she eats her fair share of the 3 combined ounces that I make. She still only eats about 25 ounces of milk per day. I try to give her more but she is happy with that.
3. She is very vocal. She is always babbling and her babbling often turns to yelling. The yelling is cute when she isnt upset but if she is upset? Watch out. She will let you know it.
4. Emma loves to hold onto my hair and she has quite a grip. She also likes snuggle her face into my hair lately, its so cute
1. He is not a big fan of napping. He has had a few days in the past couple weeks where he is up for hours. Like a few times it was 7 hours. My MIL tried to get him to sleep and I tried when I got him home but he was just not having it. The thing is that he isn't cranky when he is up. He is just up.
2. Josh has started sticking his little tongue out when he smiles. Not the whole way, just a little bit poking through. Its so cute.
3. He has never been a fan of laying on either of our chests but just this weekend, he let Dan hold him on his chest. Even though it wasn't for long, it was so sweet.
4. Josh really loves the rice cereal. Honestly, I know he could eat more than just the cereal but we are going to follow the pedi's recommendation and wait until 6 months. He literally attacks the spoon and quickly swallows whatever amount of cereal I give him. I think he will be happy to have more kinds of food next month.
So that's whats going on with E&J! Hope everyone had a good weekend!
3 days ago