Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

It was pretty nice to wake up today (even though Joshua woke me up at 3:30 AM) and know that it was my first Mother's Day. I still can't believe how blessed I am. I also wanted to let my friends who are still waiting for their miracles that I am thinking of you on this day. I remember how hard it is, just know you aren't alone.

I wanted to update on my pump situation- Medela is sending me a new one. I am so grateful to them and it makes me happy that I don't have to give up pumping. The new pump should be here on Monday.

We are taking Joshua and Emma to be dedicated at church today so I don't have much time to write but I have a few "Things I don't want to forget"

Emma:



1. She finally rolled on Friday! And now she is doing it all the time. Its funny because she gets up on her side and I can see her almost rocking her little body until she rolls over.

2. I fell asleep next to her on the bed yesterday for a nap and I could feel her little breath on me the entire time. It was so sweet. When she was falling asleep, she kept struggling to keep her eyes open to see me.

3. She is better at eating the rice cereal. She still doesn't love it but she will open her mouth for it.

4. Emma has learned to gurgle when I am feeding her and she does it all the time.

5. When she is tired, she sucks her thumb. With the other arm, she drapes it over her face in dramatic fashion. Its precious.

Joshua:



1. He loves to be lifted up in the air like an airplane. He squeals with laughter

2. He will cry and scream in his crib for me to come and get him. If I stand outside the door, he will cry and then stop and look over to see if I am coming. When he doesn't see me, he screams again. Too sneaky.

3. Joshua does the gurgling thing, too. Kinda distracting when I am trying to get them to eat.

4. He loves to have me kiss his belly or arms. I can tell he feels it, he gets all tense and then laughs.

5. Joshua has found his feet so he likes to curl up in a ball and reach for them and hold on for dear life, so funny!


I will update with photos later from the dedication and Mother's Day. Enjoy your day!

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."
-- Agatha Christie

3 comments:

Kelly and Natalie said...

Happy Mother's Day, Shannon! I'm happy you got a new pump, that's great news! The pics of your kiddos are adorable as always!

Megan said...

Happy mother's day and I'm so happy that you had such a great day! Your babies are growing up so fast, but they are also so beautiful! I love hearing about how they are doing this and that at this time and that time. Too cute that J screams for you and looks over at you when you stand in the door. Glad E is starting to like rice cereal. Mind me asking when you plan on doing fruits and veggies? Just one note for the fruits...HOT washcloth near by and bananas cause SMELLY poops and farts. And they are HORRIBLE to clean up.
Love the photos though!

The Lane Family said...

Yeah for a new pump!!! It really is amazing how fast they grow and change!!

For me I loved watching them try new things and how excited they became when they figured something out for the first time it is AWESOME!!

Obviously Josh loves his mommy!!