Wednesday, June 16, 2010

6 Month TIDWTF

6 months? I can't believe that 6 months ago, Dan and I were headed to the hospital for my induction. I was warned that time goes fast but I didn't think it would go this fast! In honor of Emma and Joshua's 6 month birthday, I have a longer TIDWTF.


Emma:

1. She is such a content baby. As long as she has her thumb, she can sit or lay for a long time without crying or needing anything.

2. I cannot get her to stop rolling. I have even had to learn to change a wet diaper while she is on her tummy. I can dress her like that, too.

3. Emma loves to have a blanket by her face. If she does not have one, she is constantly pulling up her dress or shirt by her face while she sucks her thumb.

4. She is now eating closer to 28 oz per day. She is in 6 month clothes from Carters or 3-6 from Gymboree. She is still wearing a size 2 diaper but I put a size 3 on her and it wasn't too big. As soon as I run out of 2's, she will go into the 3's.

5. She lays on her belly all the time. I always say that she looks like a little girl at a slumber party when she lays like that.

6. Her laugh is so cute, its a quiet laugh but she gets a lot louder when I tickle her or blow on her tummy.




Joshua:


1. He is not that content and always likes to be entertained. If I put him in the jumperoo, he is fine. For about 5 minutes. Then he gets bored. His favorite thing to do is to have someone talk to him. If I walk him all around the house and tell him where we got every single item in it, he is so happy. I think he is going to be an active boy!

2. He is so active. He is always moving his legs, his arms or his whole body. I am now convinced that he was the one punching the heck out of me in utero.


3. Josh has the best smile that I have ever seen. Its big, gummy, and it melts my heart.


4. He has had a few times where he ate over 30 oz. He also loves cereal, apples and pears. Not a huge fan of peaches though. He gagged and then yacked up a mouthful. He is also wearing 6 month clothes and can even go into some 6-9 months, although they are pretty big. And the size 2 diaper is too small, its all size 3 for him


5. He hates to lay down, except for sleep. He always wants to sit up and watch the action. He is also doing mini-sit ups when he is not fulling sitting up. Looks like he is trying to pull himself into a sitting position


6. Josh loves toys. His favorite is a Lamaze Inch Worm that has crinkly parts on it. He grasps that thing and does not let go. He loves anything that makes noise or has bright lights/colors on it.



Both:


1. Neither baby is sitting up unassisted yet but they are really good in the Bumbo, Boppy or the Jumperoo.


2. They love to lay on their tummies and look at one another, its so cute. Josh seems to be a bit more into looking at Emma but Emma loves to grab at Josh. I love that they are starting to interact.


3. They are having two meals a day now. We do cereal in the AM with a little fruit and then cereal in the PM with a little veggie. Josh loves it, Emma is slowly getting used to it.


4. Both babies smile all the time, recognize my voice (and Dan's too) and follow us with their eyes as we walk around or leave the room. They are both also starting to lift up their arms when they see us, almost like they are reaching out to us or signaling that they want to be picked up.


The past 6 months have been crazy and amazing. Its also been the greatest time of my life. I feel so honored and grateful to be a mom. And I can't wait for the next 6 months!



At my parent's house


Josh with my dad


Joshua with a toy

Emma and my mom



Emma

These are from the 6 month pics we tried to take, which didn't go well. No one smiled or looked at the cameraJosh, not looking happy


Emma

I heard this older song the other day (thank you satellite radio!) and it made me think of Emma and Joshua. Hope everyone is having a good week!




You're my peace of mind in this crazy world.
You're everything I've tried to find, your love is a pearl.
You're my Mona Lisa, you're my rainbow skies,
and my only prayer is that you realize
you'll always be beautiful in my eyes.

The world will turn and the seasons will change,
and all the lessons we will learn will be beautiful and strange.
We'll have our fill of tears, our share of sighs.
And my only prayer is that you realize
you'll always be beautiful in my eyes.


You will always be beautiful in my eyes.
And the passing years will show
that you will always grow ever more beautiful in my eyes.


When there are lines upon my face from a lifetime of smiles,
and when the time comes to embrace for one long last while,
we can laugh about how time really flies.
We won't say goodbye 'cause true love never dies.
You'll always be beautiful in my eyes.






8 comments:

Valerie said...

Beautiful Post, Shannon! The song made me cry about my two little boys asleep in their cribs! Way cute... I love how they are now just starting to look at each other and interact.

The Lane Family said...

I find it hard to believe they are 6 months old as well because it seems like I found your blog when you were pregnant with them...plus I forgot that you had to be induced to have them that is awesome as well.

I love the part about Emma always wanting a blanket and if she does not have it she will grab her clothes and hold them as she sucks her thumb.

It does should like Josh is an active, busy boy, especially how he only likes the jumperoo for limited times and then wants to be held and shown everything...just wait until the crawling and then walking begins :)

The pictures were so cute even the one of Josh and his little face sitting in the Bumbo.

Lindsay said...

Such a sweet post! Glad you all are doing so well.

Sarah C said...

Man, they are cuties!!!! I would love to see a photo of them on their bellies look at each other.

Congrats on doing such a great job with them hon.

Krisy said...

Happy 6 months...can you believe how fast this went!!!! Beautiful post and song!

Lulu said...

Wow, 6 months already, so crazy!
Bria was a lot like Josh, she was not content very long and I'll be honest, she is still like that. She wants my attention all day and although it's exhausting I try to remember what you always say: It's won't be like this for long (or should I say Darius Rucker ;)
And it's true, one day she won't want to play with me and I'll cry, lol.
Hugs, you are doing a wonderful job mom!

Mrs. Hoppy said...

They are so darling! And getting big!

Megan said...

LOVE IT!
Anthony does the same thing with holding his arms up to be picked up, but it gets pretty frantic when he's got a poopy diaper and wants out of it. Kinda funny.
Love the updates. Sounds like they are growing like perfect lil weeds!
I also love the photo of E laying on someone's chest and sucking her thumb. What an adorable look!