Thursday, June 3, 2010

TIDWTFT and the beginning of the end

For these week's installment of TIDWTFT:

Both:

They are trying to hold onto our hands and pull themselves up, almost like they are doing "baby sit-ups" And neither of them likes to just lay on a blanket anymore. They want to be sitting up, rolling around or on our lap. I have a feeling that becoming more mobile is just around the corner.


Emma:

I was feeding Emma and looked at her and her eyes just looked so blue. So I said "Hey, Baby Sinatra, look at your blue eyes" and she busted up laughing. Now, every time I say "Baby Sinatra" she breaks into a fit of giggles. Its so funny!



Joshua:

He is grabbing at everything and he has such a strong grip. If I put a toy within a foot of him, he almost rips it out of my hand and then hangs on for dear life. The bad part is that he also likes to shove it in his mouth but he is a little over-zealous and has hit himself in the face a few times with the toy. Of course he just laughs, such a boy!




I have also started the process of weaning from the pump. Emma and Josh will be 6 months in 2 weeks so I would like to be done by then. I am down to 4 pumps a day and its nice to not have to pump 3 times while I am working. I am still getting 30 oz per day, which is enough for 6 bottles. We have had no problems introducing more formula to E&J and to be honest, they don't even seem to notice the difference. Makes me feel better. I can't believe I only have 2 more weeks of pumping. It feels weird to be almost done.


Hope everyone is having a good week!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Going to try and do my tidwtft tomorrow instead. Too many things happened tonight for that. ANYWHO
Too funny about E and Sinatra. That is too cute! And I have to say you are so luck that J doesn't scream every time he hits himself with a toy. I know a certain little man who does. Not fun. Love the photos and good luck on cutting back. Sounds like its going to be much more doable for you to not pump. I applaud your decision!

Baby Mama said...

How in the world do you manage to pump 30 oz in only 4 pumping sessions?!?! Share your secret

The Lane Family said...

I cannot believe Joshua and Emma are 6 months old.....where does time go!!

They are just so cute and I LOVE the story about Emma and saying "Sinatra's eyes" so cute!!!

Way to go with slowing down pumping. I remember doing this and was excited to be looking to the end but also sad because for us this would not happen again.....darn infertility :)

bluecottonmemory said...

Good taste begins young - Starting with Sinatra. My oldest son love Sinatra! So boy and so girl! I love how the little guy is so strong but can already handle that strength - by laughing! You are in such a beautiful place of motherhood! It makes me miss it!