Thursday, June 10, 2010

TIDWTFT

I am so glad I decided to to TIDWTFT (Things I Don't Want To Forget Thursday) because every time E&J do something cute, I try to remember it to put in my blog.


Josh:

1. Yesterday, he was laughing in his sleep in the morning. He was napping on our bed while we got ready for work and I heard him laugh. I looked over and he was sleeping but still laughing. So I kept mimicking his laugh (heh, heh, heh) and he would then laugh again. It was so funny!

2. He has started moving his arms around alot and when he does, he starts pounding on his tummy. Kind of like King Kong but not on his chest. Of course he is kicking his legs around while he is doing it, he is so active.



Emma:

1. Yesterday was the first time one of the babies actually slept on me for longer than a couple minutes. She slept on me for almost an hour and I loved it. I could feel her little heart beating and smell her breath on my face (of course it smelled like spit up and formula and breast milk but I still loved it) I was sad to put her in her crib but I needed to sleep, too!

2. The second I put her on her back, she is immediately trying to roll to her stomach. This makes diaper changes and putting on clothes very, very hard.


In pumping news, I am now done to 3 pumps a day and the process of weaning is getting harder physically. And emotionally. From a physical standpoint, it HURTS. I knew it was going to be painful but I didn't expect this much pain. I still get about 20-25 oz from 3 pumps. I hope this starts to go down soon. From an emotional standpoint, its hard to know that I am still producing milk but am choosing to let it dry up because I am sick of pumping. I know I will continue to get over that guilt (mommy guilt strikes again!) but right now, its in the back of my mind.

Hope everyone is having a good week! Oh and I have no new pictures but I promise I will make up for it this weekend, we plan to get a bunch then.

8 comments:

Reflections said...

Get some cold cabbage it worked for me! It still hurt but less pressure...

One LOVE...

Lindsay said...

Hope you get some relief soon!

Katie said...

Your kids are adorable.... I found your blog through others links. You should not feel guilty at all about making the switch to formula. You pumped and breastfed for six months, what an amazing gift you gave your babies when they needed it most. Congrats to you for doing it as long as you did! Hope you dry up quick!

SWiltenburg said...

I know exactly what you mean! My son will be six months old next Tuesday, and I am trying to be done pumping by then. I am down to two pumping sessions a day, and it has gotten less painful each day. On the emotional side, I have caught myself in tears a few times thinking the same things you are, but we have to remember that we did it for six months and that is an accomplishment! Our babies are still going to be happy and healthy, and we are still good Mommies! Good Luck!

Megan said...

I can relate to the rolling over during diaper changes. Anthony grabs what ever is in sight and if I take it away, he screams. And I've heard the laughing in their sleep too. Its beyond adorable and I'm jealous you got him to keep laughing just by mimicking! Will for sure try that next time.
As for the whole drying up, I've heard wonders from the cold cabbage leaves. Good luck.

Kristi said...

I give you so much credit for breast feeding at all when you are a working mommy.
As for the pain, I totally hear you. I knew that stopping would be painful, but I had no idea!!!
It does get better, though.

Amy said...

i cannot imagine getting 20 oz in 3 pumps! you must be in so much pain! try not to let the inevitable mommy guilt get to you too much. it's not like you're making a decision that is going to hurt your little ones, they will still be perfectly safe and healthy, right? and that's all that matters!

Carly said...

aww i want to see video of king kong! I hope your boobs get some relief soon- you seriously have super boobs!