Thursday, July 1, 2010

TIDWTFT




Seriously- An entire week between posts? Craziness. I blame it on one thing- work. I have been so busy with my job that I don't have time to do anything else. I could use some prayers about the whole job thing. Im starting to question if I'm cut out for this whole working mom thing.


Alright, on to my babies!


Josh:



1. He is so, so smiley. We took them to Target the other night and he had a smile pasted on his face the entire time we were there. He also laughed like crazy when Dan bounced a big ball near him, he was so happy!

2. He is hard to get down for a nap. I try to get him to take a little cat nap around 5 (since they have been up since 2) and some times he will do it but most of the time he won't. This means he stays up from 2 until almost 8 without a nap.

3. Josh really wants to sit up. If you lay him on your lap, he instantly pulls up on your hands into a sitting position. He must have "baby abs of steel!" He still can't sit too good by himself but we are working on it.

Emma:




1. She has been making this face where she looks like she just sucked on a lemon. She squints her eyes and puckers her lips. Oh and she makes this heavy, snorty breathing sound. I have no idea why she does it but its so funny.

2. She is a freeze baby. When I put her in the bath, she shivers like crazy. It does not matter if the water is warmer and there is a space heater, she still shivers. She even shivers when I take a warm cloth and wipe her and Josh down after they get done eating (oh man they are messy!)

3. Her love for blankets has grown. She always is reaching for something to put by her face and she loves to fall asleep with a blanket. I normally end up covering her with one so that she can snuggle with it and then going back to pull it out. But sometimes she has such a death grip on it that I can't get it away. I know they aren't supposed to sleep with blankets but its a light, small one. And she loves it.



Both:

1. They both had days where they ate over 30 oz. They are eating 6 oz bottles, 5 times a day and then sometimes a couple extra ounces here and there. We have tried rice cereal, oatmeal, pears, apples, peaches, squash and green beans. Emma's favorite was the peaches and Josh will eat pretty much anything you put in front of him. He did gag on the green beans but then proceeded to gulp down a couple more spoonfuls.

2. They are both in size 3 diapers and I have noticed that although their 6 month clothes fit, they are short on both of them, mostly the onesie type items. But I still have a lot of 6 month summer stuff so I will keep them in it until its reallllyyyy to short! lol

3. Josh and Emma both go down at night between 7:30-8. They sleep until 6 AM, when we wake them up for the day.


So thats that. I have 5 days off of work and am excited to spend that time with my babies. Oh and Dan, too! Hope everyone has a great 4th of July!


"We pour out our miseries
God just hears a melody
Beautiful the mess we are
The honest cries of breaking hearts
Are better than a Hallelujah"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your babies are just so beautiful Shannon!
-Lopo

Marilyn said...

Shannon,

I enjoy reading your blog about the babies. They are almost the same age as my Leyla. By the way, I love that song from Amy Grant too!
-DanielValentine
(Marilyn)

Mitzi G. said...

They are both so precious!! My little guy loves balnkets as well & CAN NOT be with out on when going to sleep or actually sleeping.

Jeannie said...

Oh my gosh Shannon, they are looking so big. I just can't believe it!

Alicea said...

Kyle is on that exact same sleep schedule. I love it. He didn't get there until he was 10 months, though, so I'm jealous your babies got there so soon!

Megan said...

many prayers for your work situation. I hope that the best solution makes itself known for you soon!
As for the munchkins? OMG they are adorable! Love the lemon face and the smile-y boy!
Don't worry about the whole blanket thing too much. I give one to Anthony, but I also try to get him to suck on his nuk when he's laying on his belly (which he does EVERY time now). Its cute that she likes that to fall asleep though!