Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Wait, my weight?!

I thought that packing away my old friend, Medela, would make my life care-free and fun. And I guess it has had some benefits. I no longer have to listen to her horrible noise. Or pump while driving down the turnpike. So those are some good things. But the downside? Apparently now that I am not producing enough milk to feed a small village, my body has decided to hold onto every calorie I am putting into my mouth.

It started off slow. I remember one day I was like "um, Im sure I shrunk my jeans because there is no way they could be this tight to button" And then there was the day that I noticed my belly was making a nice little shelf for me to sit my laptop on. But today was the worst. I stepped on the scale and looked down. I then stepped off, hit the scale a couple times and stepped back on. But a scale does not lie twice. I have gained 7 pounds since June. SEVEN POUNDS. On my 5'8 and normally 138 lb frame, 7 lbs is a lot.

So Im off to diet. Or work out. Or both. Any suggestions? Id like to be looking thinner by September because Dan and I are in his brother's wedding. This leaves me 2 months to quit eating an entire bag of cubed Kraft Cheese and pick up a carrot stick instead. Help me! :)

9 comments:

Kristi said...

I can totally relate! It is so hard to be conscious of what you are putting into your body when you haven't had to for the past 15 months. Sorry that I don't have any advice for you, but I am hoping that someone out there does, because I need it, too.

Kelly and Natalie said...

Weight Watchers! I lost 20 lbs after Natalie in 3 months. It was surprisingly easy, and I'm actually looking forward to doing it again after this baby. I should work for them cuz I tell everyone how much I enjoyed it. :) Good luck, but you look great regardless!

Jessica said...

I don't have any advice, but I wish you luck in getting your body back to the way you like it!!

The Steens said...

I havent tried it, but have you tried the 30 day shred? I have friends that have done that and said it worked great!
GL Shannon :-)
miss you!

Mrs. Hoppy said...

I know how hard it is to lose weight! I had good luck with weight watchers and lately I've stopped eating any processed foods and have dropped a few pounds of bloat. Only natural foods: fruit, vegetables, nuts, lean meat, etc.I really like it and feel great! Good luck, I hope you feel great for the wedding!

Kismet21 said...

I too am getting tighter in the jeans department post BFing. Sigh. WW was successful for me a few years back. I am in the process of putting those rules into practice again. Good luck!

Megan said...

start off slow is what I would do. Maybe biking or walking the babes around the block. Maybe you can get hubby to come with and make it a couples thing. Believe me, pushing a stroller (especially uphill) is a tough thing. And keep up a pace that has you almost unable to talk.
Drinking tons of water in place of juice, soda, or whatever else also helps flush out extra calories.

Amy said...

ZUMBA! Now is the perfect reason to go try it. That's how I lost the last 10 pounds of baby weight and then some.

Molly said...

I'm a poster on the Multiples board and I just wanted to let you know that I can TOTALLY relate. I fully weaned off of the pump in mid-May and have gained about the same amount of weight back. SO frustrating. And kind of impossible to find the time to exercise with three children under 3. Good luck to you!