2 days ago
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
The changes from 7 to 8 months have been crazy. Emma and Joshua are really growing up! They are doing a lot of the same things and then some different. I will go through the same things first:
1. They have become great eaters. They are down to 4 bottles a day, with 8-9 oz in each bottle. Then they get a breakfast and a dinner.
2. Since they each have teeth (Josh 3 and almost the other top one and Emma has two) they get their teeth "brushed" a couple times a week with one of those fingertip baby tooth brushes.
3. Both of them lift up their arms to be picked up but in different ways. Josh lifts his out like an airplane and Emma lifts hers up.
4. They go down to sleep at 7:30 and wake up at 6:30. They are still on 3 naps a day but Josh has been dropping the 5:00PM "cat nap" I can't always get him to take that one.
1. She is so persistent. If she wants to crawl onto something or grab an item from the table, she does not give up until she gets it. It took her many times but she has learned to pull herself up and over the step from our family to living room. And now she can do it in one swift motion.
2. She knows how to sit but doesn't like to do it because she is too interested in crawling. I have seen her pull herself into a sitting position but not often.
3. She has a big attachment to me right now and the second I walk into my in-laws house to pick her up, she lunges towards me.
4. She is wearing 6-9 month clothes from Children's Place and some 9 month Carters clothes. The dresses fit her good length wise but the pants and shirts are still a bit wide on her. She is still in size 3 diapers.
1. He has started doing the inch worm crawl but does not do it all the time. I know he is strong enough to crawl but he does not seem to have a huge interest in it yet.
2. He is great at sitting and can pull himself into a sitting position very easily. He looks like such a big boy when he sits and he can play like that for a long time.
3. He said "da-da" last night for the first time. He said it to me the first time and then said it again when Dan came home. It was so cute!
4. He is also wearing 6-9 month and 9 month clothes but can fit into 6-12 month Gymboree, too. He is in size 3 diapers but I am going to try a size 4, just to see if its too big. The size 3 looks a little short on Josh.
I thank God every single day for the opportunity to be a mom. Its tiring, its exhausting and its the most rewarding experience of my life.
Posted by Shannon at 5:23 AM