Thursday, September 2, 2010

TIDWTFT



Ugh, bad posting week. I really need to get better at that!

Both:



1. They have graduated from the whale tub and I now put both of them in the bath tub. I have done it with them in together and then separate but either way, it seems best to have me in there to keep them from crawling. So I just put some shorts on and crawl in. Anything is better than filling up the whale tub though- that thing is heavy!

2. They have started to interact a lot more but its not always positive interaction. Emma likes to steal toys and Josh swats right back at her. They also like to crawl all over one another. Hopefully this is "normal" baby behavior.


Emma:




1. She has done a little "cruising" She did it first at my parent's house where she hung onto their coffee table and then moved several feet to get to an item she wanted. She has done it at our house, too. She does it slowly but she can move.

2. She is starting to get ticklish and loves it when I run my fingers up and down her arms. She closes her eyes and kinda pulls her arm away and then laughs and puts her arm back by me for more.


Josh:




1. He is so active. He is always kicking and pulling and grabbing anything in sight. The picture above is him in the Exercauser and he grabs onto the bar and bites it and won't let go! He is such a good crawler and loves to pull up onto things and try to pull items off the table. No cruising yet though.

2. I have caught him "dancing" a few times. We have so many toys that play music at our house and both of them love the FP "Laugh and Learn Puppy" (I, however, would like to pitch that thing out the window) When one of the songs start, Josh will bob his head around and move his little body side to side. When the song stops, he stops. Looks like I have a dancing machine on my hand!


I am off 3 days next week for work, can't wait to spend time with Emma and Josh. Also can't wait to get some more blog posts in! Hope everyone is having a great week!

Be a best friend, tell the truth, and overuse I love you
Go to work, do your best, don't outsmart your common sense
Never let your prayin knees get lazy
And love like crazy

6 comments:

Megan said...

Amazingly funny and adorable! I'd say to use a bath seat, but obviously your bathroom set up doesn't allow it as easily. Looks like you have a good plan and like you said, ANYTHING is better than lugging the baby tub!
Too funny that the "sibling rivalry" is starting with the toy stealing. Sounds normal to me!

Kelly and Natalie said...

I looooove that pic of them (and you!) in the tub. They are too cute.

Kristi said...

Oh, Shannon! They are so big and adorable. I love you in the bathtub! What moms do for their kids, huh? I am so with you on the Fisher Price Laugh and Learn toys. They drive me crazy, but kids love them! Enjoy your weekend!

Shanny said...

They are looking as adorable as ever and so big! Glad it was easier for you to give them a bath together without having to fill the baby tub =)

Yay for Emma cruising and Josh dancing!

The Lane Family said...

First off I LOVE the lyrics you put on the bottom and that has become one of my favorite new country songs!!!

Second yes, the swatting at each other is normal. My girls started doing it at about the same age. I will say they are the best of friends and the worst of enemies at any given moment.

I think that is so cute how Emma is getting ticklish..so sweet. I also love how Josh is dancing. I love watching my kids learn and change and grow..just not to fast :)

Have a wonderful few days off and I used to do the same thing with my kids in the bathtub!!

Shauna said...

I am new here! Would love you to come visit me too :)

Have a great day!

http://www.trying2staycalm.com/