Monday, October 18, 2010

10 months





Emma and Josh are 2 short months away from their first birthday, I can't believe it. I love seeing them change and I can't wait to see what they'll do next but it seems like its going so quick.


Emma:



1. She is a lot shyer than Josh, especially around new people. She does eventually warm up to people but it just takes her a bit longer.

2. She is really into picking things up with her little pincher fingers but if I put down a piece of food thats too big for her, she will look at it and then put it back down. As soon as I make it smaller, she will pick it back up.

3. Emma is also a "mama's girl" (atleast for now!) and although I want her to love everyone else too, I would be lying if I said it doesn't fill my heart with love to see that little girl crawl towards me to be picked up.

Joshua:



1. He is a jokester. He is always bobbing his head around in laughter and he likes to dance too.

2. He is also very patient and I feel like he understands when I tell him "Josh, I need to change Emma and then I will change you" He will sit back down in his crib or just watch me intently until its his turn

3. Josh eats differently than Emma. He tends to load as much food into his hand by swiping it across the tray and then shoves it into his mouth, although not much makes it in! Such a boy.


Both:

1. They are down to 3 bottles per day and 3 solid feedings. Their schedule looks like this:

6:30 Wake

6:45 Breakfast (oatmeal and fruit)

8:00 8 oz bottle

8:30-10:00 Nap

12:00 8 oz bottle

12:30-2:00 Nap

2:30 Snack of 4 oz fruit and puffs, yogurt melts, etc

5:00 Dinner (anything from chicken, cheese, english muffin, noodles, carrots, green beans, etc)

6:30 Bottle

7:00-7:30 Bed

- They are both big fans of the sippy cup and love to hold it and drink out of it. I think I will try to switch their noon bottle to a sippy cup soon.

- They are in size 9 or 12 month clothes but 12 month is still pretty big on both of them, mostly the pants. Josh did wear an 18 month shirt the other day and it fit fine. But then Emma wore a 6-12 month sweater and that fit fine, too. Go figure. They both wear size 3 diapers and then size 4 at night.

- No walking yet but tons of cruising. They also babble and love to scream but Josh does both more than Emma.



Hope everyone has a great week!

You are the hope I cherish You are the care of a prayer I love Oh my darling believe in me In me

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh my goodness, Shannon! They are as adorable as ever. I can't believe that they are 10 months old already!!! I bet that the bday plans are in full swing at your house!! :o)

Kelly and Natalie said...

I remember when Natalie hit 10 months, it felt like 1 year was just that much closer! I can't believe how big they're getting. So cute!

Scullyhoyy said...

They are getting so big!

The Lane Family said...

It is hard for me to believe that they are 10 months old...and that their first year birthday is right around the corner.

They are so cute and I love seeing their pictures and hearing about all of their fun things and their different personalities!!

Megan said...

OMG they are even more precious! That adorably shy look E always has kills me. Right here! And J, ALWAYS that killer smile! I can't believe how much they've grown but seem to still look the same (just bigger!). Crazy how they are so different too!