Friday, December 17, 2010

Emma Sophia

I normally make posts about Emma and Joshua together but I wanted them to each have their own for their birthday. Its weird to wake up this morning and remember that a year ago today, I was sitting at the hospital waiting to be induced. I can still feel the nervousness and anticipation that I felt that day. Anyways, here's Emma's post:



On December 17, 2009 at 5:21, I became a mother to a beautiful baby with pink little lips and sweet little eyes that she kept closed most of the time so that she could get her beauty sleep.

A year later, she has grown into a sweet girl with a determined personality. She will let you know if she doesn't get what she wants and most of the time, she won't give up until she gets it.

Some stats on Emma:

- She wears size 3 diapers and size 12 month clothes
- She has 7 teeth
- She is really good at walking and moves fast!
- She has 2 6 oz bottles per day and 2 sippy cups of milk or water
- Her favorite foods are waffles, cheese, pasta and pears
- She loves to do "So Big" and can wave "hi and bye"
- She can say "huh, huh, huh" when I ask her what Santa says
- She likes to bring me things to hold but them promptly takes them away
- She sucks her thumb when she is tired and loves to hold her lovey to her face


I can't wait to see what the next year brings for my sweet daughter. I love her with all of my heart.


Then...



...and now!

In my daughter's eyes everyone is equal
Darkness turns to light and the
world is at peace
This miracle God gave to me
gives me
strength when I am weak
I find reason to believe
In my daughter's eyes

4 comments:

The Lane Family said...

IT is amazing the difference a year can make and she just gets cuter and cuter!! I love part about how she will give you something and then promptly take it away!!!

The song lyrics at the end I LOVE and I really like this song!!!

Now you can officially say "That you survived the first year with twins"!!!

flojat said...

Happy birthday, sweet Emma! You are one very lucky little girl!

Kristi said...

Happy birthday, Emma!! And happy Mother's Day to you, Shannon!

Carly said...

Happy Birthday Emma! You are amazing :)