Sunday, December 12, 2010

Ho, Ho, Ho, Boo-hoo

We took Emma and Josh to see Santa for the first time and the title of this post and the pictures say it all. They were fine while we waited in line and as we got to the front, I asked the girl "So, do a lot of kids cry on Santa's lap" and she said "A few but not many, most like it!" I had a feeling that mine would be in the "few" category because, well, they aren't huge fans of being held. Also, they apparently aren't fans of men in red with white beards.

I put Emma on his lap first and she was actually ok. She looked a little upset but didn't cry. I put Josh on his lap a second later and he was not having it one bit. He started to wail, which in turn put Emma into hysterics. After a few pictures, I promptly removed both of them and tried to calm them down so that we wouldn't create panic amongst the other kids in line. (Which coincidentally, we didn't. The next baby sat up there perfectly and even smiled for the camera- go figure!)

By the time we got ten feet away from Santa, both Emma and Josh were smiling and laughing. I guess they weren't traumatized by the experience. Maybe next year will be better, right?


"OMG Emma, what's going ON?"


More panicked...

...Full freak out!

15 comments:

Ava and the Trips said...

So funny! My pics of the kids looked just like that last year. Unfortunately, mine weren't much better this year either. I'm holding out hope for next year!

Krisy said...

So you didn't get the happy smiley Santa pictures you wanted but these are priceless!!! I love them, they will be so much fun to show them someday!!

Kristin (kekis) said...

Hilarious! I think every family needs at least one of year of freak-out photos with Santa. :)

Katy said...

SOOO hilarious! Sorry you didn't get any "good" ones. You, and their future spouses, will get a kick out of those for sure! :)

Kelly and Natalie said...

Priceless pictures! Natalie had those pics last year. I haven't taken her yet this year, but I'm guessing it will be the same. I think that girl was wrong in just a few kids don't like it; I think most don't, especially that little! :)

CLML said...

OMG - Shan, I'm lmao at those faces. Those pics are trule priceless!

Amy said...

Oh man that's hilarious!

Lindsay said...

LOL. That picture is priceless!

The Lane Family said...

I am sorry but that is so darn funny and I love the progression of Emma being fine then Josh getting upset and then a full blown fall apart!!! To think someday they will LOVE Santa!!

Megan said...

LMAO Its almost like Santa is thinking "Well, I had one not screaming...now get these kids off my lap before the full on tantrums!"
Too cute. I haven't attempted that yet, but I have a feeling it will be similar here. I've heard they don't typically like Santa or the Easter Bunny for the first 2 years or so...

flojat said...

Love. It!

A said...

Oh WOW! How funny!! I would have been a little disappointed, but such a fun memory for years to come!!

osuraj said...

OMG, hilarious...exactly what Claire did too! I think more than a "few" cry, esp. around their ages.

LOVEDBYD said...

Oh no! Someone is not happy! They are growing way too fast!

LHEY said...

Hahaha!!! Priceless photos, they will love that someday!!!