Friday, December 17, 2010

Joshua Robert

When I decided to have Emma and Josh without a c-section, my OB told me "Oh don't worry, the second baby will come out right after the first" Of course, this didn't happen with Joshua! It was one hour and 9 minutes later that my son was born. I remember thinking how much smaller he was than Emma because he was 2 inches longer but weighed 8 oz less. He also kept his eyes open forever after he was born. I couldn't believe how long he stayed awake.

Here are some of Josh's stats:

- He wears size 3 diapers and size 12 or 18 month clothes
- He has 8 teeth and I am pretty sure his first molar is close to coming in
- He has gotten more ambitious with walking and can walk from one couch to another.
- He has 2 6 oz bottles per day and 2 sippy cups of milk or water
- His favorite foods are everything, he loves to eat! He really likes toast, chicken, peas and pears
- He is an expert clapper and claps all the time. Also can wave "Hi and bye"
- He can do the Santa thing too but can also do "Mooo" for cow
- He loves to bang things together, throw things out of his crib and wrestle with Emma.
- He loves to sit with Dan on the couch or on the bed and watch TV


Then...


...and Now!


Josh's smile lights up my whole world, he has a great smile. Im excited to watch him laugh and smile through the next year. I love him so much!


You make me smile like the sun, fall out of bed
Sing like bird, dizzy in my head
Spin like a record, crazy on a Sunday night
You make me dance like a fool, forget how to breathe
Shine like gold, buzz like a bee
Just the thought of you can drive me wild
Oh, you make me smile

6 comments:

E said...

I remember waiting for updates like it was yesterday. Congrats to you mama and happy birthday to E&J!

The Lane Family said...

One again Josh is so cute and he and Emma have such beautiful eyes!!!

I love how Josh says "moo" for Santa. So darn cute and that he cuddles with his dad and watches T.V.

Krisy said...

Happy Birthday Josh and Emma...what a sweet post, it brought tears to my eyes, our stories are so similiar right down to the day:-) Your way ahead of me on the 1yr post!!!

flojat said...

Happy birthday, Josh! You're one very lucky little boy.

Kristi said...

Happy birthday, Joshua!!

Carly said...

Happy Birthday Josh! Look how you have grown :)