Monday, December 20, 2010

Party Time

We had Emma and Josh's birthday party on Saturday. We had 17 family members there, including Dan and me. The party was so much fun and the story can be told with the pictures.


Emma and Josh got up right when people were arriving. I dressed them in their birthday onesies and let them come down the hall.



Josh seemed overwhelmed by all of the people (which is so not like him) and he wanted to be held a lot. He was ok if he was eating or opening up presents though.


Emma wore a pink tutu and seemed to like all the people. She walked all around the living room to see everyone and only cried when I first brought her out.

We had some appetizers to eat. I made spinach dip and my mom brought stuffed mushrooms. We also had a cake for everyone but Emma and Josh had cupcakes with cute Sesame Street candles in them.

Emma and Josh got tons of cute presents including a Riding Toy that looks like a Bee from my sister, Land of Nod chairs from my parents and a kitchen set from Dan's parents. They helped me open some of the presents...

...and some they just played with!


After presents, we had cake. We sang happy birthday to Emma first and then to Josh. I put their cupcake in front of them and was amazed to see that Emma dug right in!


Josh looked at his cupcake for awhile and after some prodding, he started eating it too.


They both couldn't believe I was actually letting them eat it!



We stopped to take a family picture before we cleaned them up.


After the cupcakes, we spent the rest of the time hanging out with family. It was such a nice day!


Emma and my dad

Josh, Dan's dad and my grandpa

Emma and Josh trying to steal my grandma's plate

Me and Emma

My sister, my mom and Josh

My mom and Emma

Me, Dan and Josh

Here's to surviving the first year! We're on to Year #2!

7 comments:

flojat said...

Aw, what a fantastic party! I'm glad the kiddos had so much fun!

The Lane Family said...

What a wonderful birthday they had and I loved Miss Emma's little tutu.

The family picture with them eating their cupcakes was adorable!!

Let me tell you since I have 21/2 year old twins it is a whole different, wild and fun adventure!!!

Mrs. Hoppy said...

Cute, I can't believe they are one! Glad the party went well!

Ava and the Trips said...

Looks like a great party! Hope you guys have a great holiday!

Amy said...

Great pictures! I'm glad their birthday was great. Love Emma's tutu!

LOVEDBYD said...

Looks like a wonderful day!

Kismet21 said...

Getting caught up on your blog. Looks like a fantastic party. I can't believe they are one!