Thursday, September 30, 2010
I was in Columbus yesterday for work and it was so fun to come home and have two little heads turn in their highchairs to see me and then squeal, pound on their trays and reach up their arms to me. So precious!
1. He is getting another tooth- #7. He is really starting to look like a little boy with all of these teeth!
2. He clapped for the first time. He does a lot of waving his hands around and smacking his tummy but the other day I clapped in front of him and he did it back 4 or 5 times.
1. When she is excited, she makes this noise that can only be explained as a dog panting. She scrunches up her face when she makes it and its so funny.
2. She loves to play "Where's mommy?" I will put a blanket over me and call out "Wherrreee's Mommy" and she comes crawling as quick as she can (panting, of course) and pulls the blanket off of me. She also likes to play "Where's Emma" and I put the blanket over her.
Here are some more pics from the 9 month Photo Shoot. They show how hard it is to get pics of two babies!
Sunday, September 26, 2010
Saturday, September 25, 2010
Thursday, September 23, 2010
I have a couple TIDWTF items for today but they pertain to both Emma and Josh so I will be putting them together this week.
1. They are becoming more interested in playing with regular items around the house. Their new favorites this week? An empty paper towel roll, an empty Powerade bottle and packages of diapers. I try to entice them with all of the toys they have but they seem to be drawn to these other items. The remote and the phone are still favorites, too.
2. The other night I made pasta with some veggies in it and Emma and Josh eyed me the entire time I ate it. So I cut up a couple of the rigatoni noodles and some of the squash and put it on their trays and they loved it! Josh ate 8 noodles and Emma ate 6. The whole time they ate, I just couldnt believe that my little babies are now eating pasta.
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
We had Dan's brother Kevin's wedding on Saturday and Dan and I were both in it. So we spent Friday night at the Rehearsal and Dinner and then Saturday at the wedding. My parents and my sister helped us by watching Emma and Josh on those days and it was the first time that Dan and I were away at the same time.
We had a great day, here are some pics:
Monday, September 20, 2010
We celebrated Josh and Emma's 9 month birthday with tons of kisses but I forgot to do a post on it with all of the wedding hub bub, so here goes!
Josh and Emma are doing a lot of the same things so I will post on what they do the same and then their differences.
1. They are both great crawlers and pull up on everything. Both can let go with one hand and pick up a toy and then take steps (very small and shaky steps) around the object they are holding to.
2. They are in size 3 diapers and wear 6-12 clothes. I have put them in both 9 Month and 12 Month Carter's and they both fit. 12 month is pretty baggy on both though.
3. They love to play with one another and both laughs when the other looks in their direction. Their playing, however, can get a bit rough as they learn that its not ok to use one another as an object to pull up on.
4. They both smile a lot and laugh alot. Their laughs are different though- Josh's is like a giggle and Emma's is like a snort and a laugh.
5. They are eating 32 oz per day, 2 solid meals and a snack with puffs. They can both drink out of a sippy but not well. They love water and watered down juice though.
Stats- Height 30" (95%) Weight 17lbs 10oz (25%)
1. She seems like the leader between her and Josh but she also seems more shy around other people.
2. She has a bit of a temper and if she wants out of her highchair or doesn't want in her car seat, she has a fit.
3. Her eyes are still a blue/brown/green mix. She has also gotten more hair and its a dark blonde but it has some gold flecks in it. Similar to my hair.
4. She just started to get her fourth tooth this morning
Stats- Height 31.5" (100%) Weight 20lbs 8oz (50%)
1. He is so goofy and is always grinning or trying to catch your eye to smile at you. He can laugh so hard that he has to try to catch his breath.
2. He loves to fake cough and loves it more when I cough and then he coughs back
3. He loves to steal toys from Emma and has no problem ripping them from her hands and then crawling away with them.
4. He still does not have much hair but the hair he has is darker than Emma's. His eyes are still a dark brown.
I can't believe that in 3 short months, Emma and Josh will be ONE YEAR OLD. Wow. Time is going fast but we are trying to enjoy every moment.
Have a good week!
Thursday, September 16, 2010
1. He has said "Mama" finally! He says it slow and choppy at first but once it comes out, he will babble it a few times. So precious.
1. She is getting her third tooth- the top one. I think I might see the fourth one coming too. We'll see!
1. They have been so cute this week as they are learning to play with one another. Emma will crawl down the hall and Josh will follow her. Emma then stops and turns back to look at Josh. He laughs, she laughs and then she turns around and keeps crawling. When they reach the end of the hall, normally someone tries to crawl over the other and then Emma heads back down the hall. I could watch them do that all day!
Thursday, September 9, 2010
1. He is chewing his crib up like crazy. And he is doing it with his SIX teeth! He got 2 more within the last week and he is really going to town on the top rail of his crib. He has chewed off a large section of the finish and he keeps moving down further.
2. He has a horrible gag reflex (which he gets from me- I dry heave at the mere thought of taking the garbage out) Any time I give him a new food, the consistency makes him gag. This week, it was Stage 3 Spaghetti. He was not a fan.
3. He is starting to recognize his name. It takes me a time or two of saying it but he will turn his head. And I tried to do it with saying another word or Emma's name but it was always his name that he turns his head to.
1. She has an obsession with our office. If she takes off down the hall, she has the option of our bedroom, the nursery or a bathroom and she always chooses the office. She makes a beeline towards the area next to our computer where I keep the baby book stuff and starts rifling through it. Its so funny!
2. She has the cutest laugh. Its a cross between a squeal and a cough and she does it all the time, especially if you tickle her.
3. She loves picking things up with her little pincher fingers. She is constantly picking up small items off the carpet (which reminds me, I need to vacuum but both kids scream the second I turn it on) and she also tries to pick freckles off of my arm.
Hope everyone is having a good week!
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Ugh, bad posting week. I really need to get better at that!
1. They have graduated from the whale tub and I now put both of them in the bath tub. I have done it with them in together and then separate but either way, it seems best to have me in there to keep them from crawling. So I just put some shorts on and crawl in. Anything is better than filling up the whale tub though- that thing is heavy!
2. They have started to interact a lot more but its not always positive interaction. Emma likes to steal toys and Josh swats right back at her. They also like to crawl all over one another. Hopefully this is "normal" baby behavior.
1. She has done a little "cruising" She did it first at my parent's house where she hung onto their coffee table and then moved several feet to get to an item she wanted. She has done it at our house, too. She does it slowly but she can move.
2. She is starting to get ticklish and loves it when I run my fingers up and down her arms. She closes her eyes and kinda pulls her arm away and then laughs and puts her arm back by me for more.
1. He is so active. He is always kicking and pulling and grabbing anything in sight. The picture above is him in the Exercauser and he grabs onto the bar and bites it and won't let go! He is such a good crawler and loves to pull up onto things and try to pull items off the table. No cruising yet though.
2. I have caught him "dancing" a few times. We have so many toys that play music at our house and both of them love the FP "Laugh and Learn Puppy" (I, however, would like to pitch that thing out the window) When one of the songs start, Josh will bob his head around and move his little body side to side. When the song stops, he stops. Looks like I have a dancing machine on my hand!
I am off 3 days next week for work, can't wait to spend time with Emma and Josh. Also can't wait to get some more blog posts in! Hope everyone is having a great week!
Be a best friend, tell the truth, and overuse I love you
Go to work, do your best, don't outsmart your common sense
Never let your prayin knees get lazy
And love like crazy