Sunday, February 13, 2011

Bye Bye, Bottle

Well its official, we no longer have to wash bottles at our house! Emma and Josh are 100% on sippy cups.

It started on Friday night. We decided to go to the grocery store (I know. On a Friday night- so lame!) Anyways, it was 5:00 and Emma and Josh normally have their bottle at 5:30. Instead of bringing bottles to the store, I filled up two sippy cups with milk. Emma and Josh drank the entire cup while we were shopping so when we got home at 6:00, I just gave them some more milk in the sippy and then put then down at 6:30 without a problem.

Last night, we got home from my parent's house at 5:30 and I just gave them a sippy cup instead of a bottle and again, no problems.

So its the end of the bottle era at our house, I can't believe it! My babies are growing up!


"You want a bottle, Emma? Nah, me either!"

7 comments:

Jessica said...

I love reading your blog. I have newborn boy/girl twins - Brett and Emma! Congratulations on no more bottle washing!

Valerie said...

So, so very jealous!!! Congrats... a whole new phase! I was so committed to not putting whole milk in bottles and going right to sippy cups but... we still have formula left so we're doing half and half. At least they are getting used to whole milk and have no problems. Plus I think one is getting better with his sippy cup now he knows what it tastes like...

Anna said...

I found your blog through Top Mommy Blogs and have enjoyed reading about your twins. I have boy/girl twins too and can't wait until we're bottle free! I feel like reading about your two is a peak into the future for me...except I'm expecting my third two days before the twins turn one. Thanks for sharing your stories!

Krisy said...

Yay!!! We are down to just the bedtime bottle, we just dropped the morning bottle this week so i'll give them week or two until i drop bedtime! I love that pic!

Lindsay said...

God they are getting so big. very exciting!

Megan said...

I'm jealous! We had a bit of a bumpy road with weaning off the bottle! Anthony managed to hide his bottle from all of us (himself included) so we made that then end around christmas.
So happy though that they have done so well! Keep up the awesome work and great updates!

Kismet21 said...

Congrats! Ugh. I feel so behind.