Thursday, July 14, 2011

TIDWTFT





Another week, another week. They seem to fly by lately!

Both:

1. They are using a lot of words now and will repeat a lot of what they hear. The other day, I drove the few minutes from Dan's parent's house to our house and asked them to say words the entire way and they repeated almost all of them.

2. They love Barney. I let them watch a 25 minute On-Demand episode most days so that I can cook dinner or so we can eat and they are riveted by it. They also bring us the remote a lot and say "Bar, Bar"



Emma:



1. Speaking of Barney, she loves to imitate the songs and dances she sees on the show. She has three that she is really good at and can do the hand motions or parts of the dance (Itsy Bitsy Spider, Do Your Ears Hang Low, and some bird by my window song)



Josh:



1. The other morning, he saw me walking down the hall with the electric griddle to make pancakes and he took one look at it and said "pa-cake" for the first time. I thought it was so smart that he connected the griddle to the pancake and then said it!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Awww, so cute how he said "pancake". I just love the way kids say some words!! So cute!!!

The Lane Family said...

Shannon, they are growing up and just getting cuter and cuter. I understand about them LOVING Barney and it is so cute that they have something they LOVE to watch and enjoy the songs and dances :)

The part about pancake is so cute as well and so fun!!

Laney said...

There is a site were you can purchase barney music that has the kids names through out the songs. justmymusic.com I think it is. My kids love them :)