Thursday, October 20, 2011

TIDWTFT



Well hello again! Another Thursday, they seem to come pretty quick lately. This week, Emma and Josh turned 22 months and honestly, I couldn't believe it. In less than 2 months, I will have 2 TWO YEAR OLD TODDLERS at my house. Amazing.


My TIDWTFT is about both Emma and Josh, they are doing a lot of the same things this week.

1. Dan taught them "rock, paper, scissor" and they do it pretty good. They have a little trouble making their fingers into scissors but they are getting it.

2. They have started calling me "Mommy" instead of "Mama" and for some reason, it completely melts my heart. It sounds so, so cute.

3. They repeat just about everything they hear. (Every.thing. Now is a good time to clean up the language!) They have heard me say "Oh boy!" and "Oh no!" and both of them say it a lot now.

4. I am amazed at what they understand. They like to turn off the light and say "dark" and then turn it back on and say "bright." They also can find items by color. I ask them to find me a "yellow fruit" and they will bring the banana. They have a harder time actually identifying the color though. If I ask them "what color is the banana" they might say "red"

5. They have pushed their bedtime to 7:30. For the past year, they have been going down at 7:00 but just this week, they would not have it. So we started doing 7:30 and they go right down. We like the extra time with them but it does feel weird since we've been so used to them going to bed at the same time.


Hope everyone is having a good week!


0 comments: