Tuesday, January 31, 2012

First Wrap Up




I only did my first month of the 12 in 2012 project for half of January but its already making a huge impact for me. I can feel the effects of the organization I have started in my life. It felt good to clean things up, sort things out and instill a sense of order to the physical things in my life.



I was able to get through my list of areas to organize except for one- recipes. When it came down to it, I just got too overwhelmed. I've collected recipes in an expandable file folder since I got married in 2003. As I started looking through them, I saw several that I could remember making and some that I never tried. I also found some handwritten recipes from my mom and even one from my grandpa. I don't know how to organize something like that. So instead, I put them all back in the folder, except the family recipes. I looked at my grandpa's handwritting for a long, long time and then put those aside. I put the expandable file folder back in my pile of things to work on. I plan to come up with a way to organize my paper recipes and my Pinterest recipes and my family recipes but I need more time.



I also did a lot of work on organizing me. To do this, I focused on figuring out what I want to do with my life and really concentrating on what's important to me and what I have to be thankful for. I started two journal projects (One Sentence Journal and a Gratitude Journal) I only spend a couple minutes each night writing the entries but the reflection on the one important moment and the 5 items that I am grateful for has really started to change my mindset. No matter how stressed I am during the day, I end the day focusing on what really matters.



I am excited to move onto the next month and my next goal. I look forward to continuing to grow in this goal, too! Onto February...


My one and five year plans aren't too exciting but I would like to share my Personal Mission Statement. I enjoyed writing it and recommend writing your own so that you can keep perspective on what matters to you.



I want to be known as a woman of patience and kindness.
I will seek to give more than I take and smile more than I frown.
I will strive to love what I do and make a difference while doing it
I want to dream big and never give up
I want to remember how blessed I am and I want to be thankful for what I have
I will believe in the goodness of people and let people see the goodness in me
I will be true to my priorities and never forget what is important to me
I will be the kind of person my parents and my children can be proud of

1 comments:

The Lane Family said...

This is a GREAT post!! Your personal mission statement is amazing and is such a great idea...Thank you for sharing.

I also really appreciate the ideas with the one sentence journal and also the gratitude journal.

Once again thank you for sharing this on your blog...Thank You!!!