Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happiness

I started this blog to chronicle my journey in getting pregnant. Once I got pregnant, I continued to document my pregnancy. And after Emma and Josh were born, there was no question to me that I would continue to blog to document the life of my children. Over the past two years, I am amazed to look back at my blog and see how much Emma and Josh have grown. From that amazement, however, has come my desire to grow as well.



Like any mother, I put all of my energies into my children. Sure, I still do things for myself but they are my priority. What I want to work on is making myself and my happiness a priority, too.


I've been thinking a lot about happiness lately. I am happy. I laugh and I smile. But I want to be truly and deeply happy. I want to do things I enjoy. I don't want to sweat the small stuff. I want to figure out what I want from my life. And I want to work towards that!




My plan is to continue to document Emma and Josh's life in my blog. But in addition, I want to blog about my journey towards discovering happiness and finding it in my life. I want to be able to share the things that make me happy with others, in hopes that happiness really is contagious.


Often people attempt to live their lives backwards; they try to have more things, or more money, in order to do more of what they want, so they will be happier. The way it actually works is the reverse. You must first be who you really are, then do what you need to do, in order to have what you want. ~Margaret Young

1 comments:

The Lane Family said...

I LOVE This idea and I think the quote is so fitting...I have come to realize as I have faced trials and challenges that your life and happiness is really determined by your attitude.