Its funny that once I got my own house, I became a clean and organized person. My parents will gladly tell you stories of how disorganized and messy my room was when I was growing up. But then I got married, bought my own house and couldn't stand the sight of a pile of laundry sitting around for more than 2 minutes. Go figure.
I feel like my focus on organization is not solely about my house, although there are things in my house that do need to be organized. I will tackle some major organization issues with things like our sock drawers (and let me tell you, all those mismatched socks that we keep praying will show up are the first to go!) and my spice cabinet, but I also want to focus on some bigger issues like organizing my priorities, my day and well, my life. So yeah, a little bit deeper than our sock drawers.
My goals for the rest of this month will be:
1. Pick 10 areas of the house to organize
2. Fill two bags for Goodwill
3. Organize my Pinterest board and come up with a way to plan projects
4. Write a personal mission statement
5. Come up with a 1, 5, 10 year (is 10 years too long? I don't know!) plan
Lots to do in 15 days but I am up for the challenge.
"If you can organize your kitchen, you can organize your life"
3 days ago