1 week ago
Sunday, January 29, 2012
I've crossed a few more items off of my ten places to organize. One area I really focused on was all of our cleaning supplies and underneath our bathroom and kitchen sinks. I couldn't believe how disorganized it was! What I did was:
1. Take everything out and put it in one central location
2. I cleaned and wiped down all of the items, they just felt better when any drips of cleaning supplied were wiped away
3. I consolidated items (I swear that I had 4 bottles of open Windex. Seriously? 4 bottles) I also got rid of old items
4. Under the bathroom sinks, I only put a couple items. Like one toilet cleaner, one shower cleaner, one Lysol, etc. I also stored the items in plastic baskets and so that they stay together and don't look messy
5. Under my kitchen sink, I also stored items in plastic baskets and organized them my type (soaps, detergent, cleaning supply)
Overall, I got rid of a ton of items and the areas feels a lot cleaner.
The status of my organization is as follows:
1. Spice cabinet- DONE
2. Sock drawer- DONE
3. Craft stuff- DONE
5. My car
7. Kid's clothes- DONE
8. Home inventory- DONE
9. Under sinks- DONE
In reviewing the list, I have decided that there is not much I can do about the toys right now. The problem is that Emma and Josh really haven't outgrown many of their toys, they have actually just started playing with a lot of things. If I really think about it, the toys are pretty well organized. I use four canvas totes in the family room (one for trucks, one for cars, one for little people stuff, one for books) I use the wood crates for all of the Melissa and Doug toys and we keep those separate. Downstairs, we have two big toy boxes and although I try to keep stuff organized, a lot of times the toys just get dumped into there. But all considered, the toys aren't too bad. So I am going to cross that off my list!
My goals for the next couple days are toiletries, my car and my recipes. I have also been working a lot on organizing me and will be ready to share all of that in a couple days, too.
Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Posted by Shannon at 1:41 PM