Friday, January 27, 2012

Pigtails

Emma's hair is getting long but she will not let me put a clip or bow in it. Well, she lets me put it in and them promptly yanks it out. (While telling me "Emma no like it!") So I decided to try a new option and bought tiny rubber bands to do pigtails. Success! She doesn't pull at them (although Josh tries to get them) and they look so cute. I need to try to get them in better so they are straighter and tighter but at this time, I am happy to get them in at all.

There is something about putting pigtails in her hair that makes her seem so, I don't know, grown up I guess. She looks older and the fact that she has enough hair on her tiny head to even put in pigtails just amazes me. Wasn't she just a bald cue ball baby?

View from the back

Side view

My big girl

3 comments:

championm2000 said...

Oh my goodness! I could have written this post--in fact, thanks for inspiring me to document Emily's changing hair styles :-)

Last night we put Emily's hair in a regular ponytail and myhusband and I were both surprised at (1) how much hair she had and (2) how grown up she looked.

I agree about those tiny rubber bands...must haves for those tiny fingers!

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness, adorable!!!!

The Lane Family said...

So cute!!! It is amazing how much older they look as you are able to start doing their hair especially in adorable pig tails!!!