Thursday, January 19, 2012

Places to Organize

I thought about it and identified 10 physical places in our home that could use organizing. Those places are:

1. Spice cabinet

2. Sock drawer

3. Craft stuff

4. Toiletries

5. My car

6. Toys

7. Kid's clothes

8. Home inventory

9. Under sinks

10. Recipes


I started already with the spices and even took some after pictures. I had some before pictures, too, but they didn't make the cabinet look as disorganized as it was so I skipped those!

One important thing I did was go though my spices and I pitched a bunch of stuff. I didn't see many expiration dates on the items but if I remembered having it when we got married 8+ years ago, it went in the trash.

I also bought some glass spice jars from Amazon. I like that they are air tight and that the all look the same, I think it helps things to look cleaner. Other than throwing out a bunch of stuff and placing all of my spices in jars, I also placed other items in similar tupperware and cleaned everything up. I think it looks pretty good.



Full view of the three shelves

Close up of the jars I bought on Amazon:

I feel good about getting this done. Over the weekend, I am tackling sock drawers, my car, crafts and kid's clothes. Wish me luck!

I have also done a lot of work on my "Personal Organization" and will be sharing my mission statement and Life Plans soon, too!

0 comments: