Its funny because I try really hard to instill healthy eating habits into Emma and Josh's every day life. They eat $40 worth of fruits and veggies each week. I don't give them juice because I read an article about sugar and juice (or something like that...) When it comes to my own eating habits, however, I tend to be a lot more well, relaxed. I consider Wheat Thins and a diet Cherry Pepsi to be a suitable lunch. If I look back at the end of many days, I realize that I haven't had a drop of water and maybe ate the end of one of the kids' bananas. Not the picture of health.
I also want to focus on more physical activity. I have gotten a lot better with this by taking Zumba but I want something that I can do almost every day. Since we spent a lot of money on a treadmill several years ago, it made sense to incorporate that into my goals.
When thinking about my Health goals, I focused on small changes but changes that I feel will have a big impact for me.
My Health goals are:
1. Drink 100 oz of water per day
2. Eat one fruit, one veggie and one fruit/veggie smoothie every day
3. Run 500 miles by the end of the year. (I did the math, its 1.5 miles per day. I can do it!)
4. No snacks after 7 pm, except a handful or fruit or veggies
5. Take better care of me by getting new skin, hair and body care items
I have a feeling this is going to be a good month and I am looking forward to it!