Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Month 4: Kindness


I have written this blog post a couple times in my head that honestly, I was surprised when I checked my blog and didn't see it here. Amazing that I make it through the day...


This month for my 12 in 2012 Project, I am focusing on Kindness. I feel like this is definitely one of those items that I will only briefly be able to touch on this month but my goal, as with the others, is to work hard to implement this into my daily life.

I consider myself a nice person. I say "please" and "thank you." I hold the door open for strangers. I make small talk with the cashier at the grocery store. But to me, I feel like there is a big difference between being a nice, friendly person and being kind. To me, kindness is more than a friendly smile and its more than being polite. Its a person who gives to others, who truly cares and who is genuine and loving.

My goal this month is to slow down and think of others. I want to do something for someone else without getting in return. I want to see people in a different light, focusing more on their positives and less on what I perceive to be a negative. I want to smile...and mean it.

Here are the things I am going to do for this month:


1. Perform 3 Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)
2. Show true and real Kindness to 2 people at work
3. Give honest compliments more often and criticize less


Check back soon, I promise to update on my progress!

Genuine kindness is no ordinary act, but a gift of rare beauty. ~ Sylvia Rossetti

1 comments:

E said...

You are one of the kindest people I know, this one should be easy for you!