Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

I won't lie. I didn't get to sleep in for Mother's Day. The kids were crazy. I didn't get breakfast in bed or a pedicure or a fancy gift. We went to church in the morning and then we had Dan's parents over our house for brunch. In the afternoon, we went to my parents' house and had a cookout. Relaxing? Not much. Exhausting? Absolutely. But when we got home, Emma and Josh were sitting in our bed and both looked at me and said "Happy Mother's Day, Mama" and it reminded me that its not glorious or easy to be a mom. But it's worth it.

Emma shaking a maraca.  She sang me a "Happy Mother's Day song"

Emma with the maraca and Josh with a recorder


Emma and Dan's mom

Josh and Dan's mom

Emma with a new baseball bat from my parents

Emma and Josh "sharing" a toy

Me and Emma

Josh pushing a bubble toy

Emma and Josh playing with uncle Paul
My sweet babies

Relaxing with my kids after a long day

1 comments:

The Lane Family said...

I loved the pictures and I love how you admitted what your day was like on Mother's Day.

I agree with you that it is those tender moments, snuggling with the kids or a hug or when they say I love you that make it all worth it and melt your heart!!!